Gallery Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jOhO

Apr 20, 2003
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
yo guys,

can i ask is it possible to have a thumbnail for an album being displayed when users are not logged in, but when they click the album the system will prompt them to log in? at the moment if the album is set to only have a certain set of users able to view the album, they won't see the album thumbnail in the main gallery page, instead they have to click the top right log in button first THEN the thumbnail appears and they can click to go in... not very intuitive (IMHO)

i think i've seen one of the users here have thumbnails all over the shop, but some can't go in unless u have user and passwd.

pls help? :embrass:

jOhO said:
yo guys,

can i ask is it possible to have a thumbnail for an album being displayed when users are not logged in, but when they click the album the system will prompt them to log in? at the moment if the album is set to only have a certain set of users able to view the album, they won't see the album thumbnail in the main gallery page, instead they have to click the top right log in button first THEN the thumbnail appears and they can click to go in... not very intuitive (IMHO)

i think i've seen one of the users here have thumbnails all over the shop, but some can't go in unless u have user and passwd.

pls help? :embrass:

Hi jOhO,

Not sure if you're referring to my page, but my gallery does have the feature that you mentioned (i.e. I can control such that the visitors can only see the thumbnails unless they log in). I acheived this by customizing some of the php scripts. However, doing so will cause trouble as you'll have a lot of problems upgrading to a new version of gallery when it is available.

One more thing to take note is that the "Gallery" software is a GNU project and is not done by clubsnap. So any suggestion for enhancement should be directed to the developer team. Their URL is as follow:

http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php

Hope that helps. :)

Ok, I've just checked Gallery's documentation, apparently they have implemented the feature into the lastest version. The following is an extract from the document:

Album Owner -- The album owner has all the permissions an administrator has for that album. The album owner can add and edit everything about the album, as well as edit the permissions for the album.

Users who can see the album -- Self-explanatory. Anyone in this box can see the album and navigate through it.

Users who can change album text -- Users who can change captions under images, the album description, the album title, and an item's custom fields.

Users who can add photos -- Self-explanatory. Anyone in this box can add photos to the album.

Users who can modify photos -- Users who can move the album (i.e. position), rename the album, reset the album's click counter, edit thumbnails, rotate/flip photos, change the album highlight, move photos (i.e. position), and hide photos.

Users who can delete photos -- Self-explanatory. Anyone in this box can delete photos.

Users who can create sub albums -- Self-explanatory. Anyone in this box can create sub albums within the album.

Users who can view full (original) images -- Anyone in this box can view the full image (not the resized image. Anyone who can see the album [see above] can see the thumbnail and resized version of the image).

Users who can add comments -- Self-explanatory. Anyone in this box can add comments to gallery.

Users who can view comments -- Self-explanatory. Anyone is this box can view comments made by other users. This includes the ability to search for images by comments.

does this mean that you have to create user accounts so that only those with pre-arranged accoutns can login to see the full size pics?

or what do they login with?

and how do you implement the feature...?

ziploc said:
Hi jOhO,

Not sure if you're referring to my page, but my gallery does have the feature that you mentioned (i.e. I can control such that the visitors can only see the thumbnails unless they log in). I acheived this by customizing some of the php scripts. However, doing so will cause trouble as you'll have a lot of problems upgrading to a new version of gallery when it is available.

One more thing to take note is that the "Gallery" software is a GNU project and is not done by clubsnap. So any suggestion for enhancement should be directed to the developer team. Their URL is as follow:

http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php

Hope that helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.