FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys! i have been searching for this thread, thanks skyguy! ((:)
anw thanks for all the C&C regarding those photos i posted awhile back.

yeah i figured out the minimum distance thingy after speaking to the photographer at my work place,
i think he mentioned something abt "close-up" and "macro" being 2 different things.

have been practicing manual focus too.
very time consuming, esp when shooting street scenes where things are always changing.

oh well, anyone gg for canon photomarathon?

when i was using my fz, i never go to manual focus unless really required... usually i will just let it auto focus and then holding it half and adjust the position

Hi guys, also have been very busy, too busy to play with camera. Have just completed renovation of kitchen and bathroom. Amy is not silly, she is now in Spore and has escaped all the packing and unpacking of the cupboards and also the mopping and dusting. Also have painted the entire apartment, no longer red walls and yellow walls, (Chinese colour scheme I think) just off-white.
Last day of school holidays today then only ten weeks to the end of the year break-up.
Mr Ombre, or Navlem, what prime lens would you suggest I get for my a330? I would like something that is a bit wider angle and good for taking portrait shots.:think:

i guess the only bang for buck prime would be sony 50mm F1.8... should cost about $150 for 2nd hand...

Hi Skyguy, yeah that is what I was thinking about getting. Hopefully I will be back in Spore in early Jan. How do you like the D90?

Hi Skyguy, yeah that is what I was thinking about getting. Hopefully I will be back in Spore in early Jan. How do you like the D90?

still getting use to it... missed fz18 wide and zoom at the same time... haha

Yeah I miss my FZ28, thinking of buying a 2nd one for wife to use, or LX3;)

Hi fellow FZers,

After many searches finally found out abt this place.

I owned a 4 yr old FZ20 and am still using it cos of quality and portability. Read that there are adapters to replace the lens ring. I would like to find out where I can purchase one of these adapters and how much.

Or if anyone is selling theirs, I would be most willing to take over from you for a fee.

Thank you once again.

Hi Bellaraphon, I have an adapter ring for a FZ20 you can have for free, only problem is I am in the middle of painting my house and I will have to find it!!! The other thing is I am in Darwin and will have to post it to you, so it will take a few days to get to you.
PM me your postal address and I will have a look for it this weekend, if I find it it is yours.:thumbsup:

Hi Bellaraphon, I have an adapter ring for a FZ20 you can have for free, only problem is I am in the middle of painting my house and I will have to find it!!! The other thing is I am in Darwin and will have to post it to you, so it will take a few days to get to you.
PM me your postal address and I will have a look for it this weekend, if I find it it is yours.:thumbsup:

see, this is wats so good about this place, how often do u get things for free..haha ... too bad the admin have to put it into the kopitiam section and let it become so difficult to find

haha hi everyone..
am i the only one still with the FZ18?

Dun think so, but seems like this thread is dying after moving to kopitiam :(

Yeah from a thread that had dozens of comments each day to how it is now, lucky to get 3 posts in a week.
Thanks very much for putting it here.

Shot some dragonflies the other day :

4020423307_73b5ae53aa_b.jpg

4020422513_7f2e6fe532_b.jpg

Used my telephoto and cropped the picture :p

woah I haven't been here for ages. Anyway guys, this thread is also reaching its 1000# post. It might get closed after that so we might have to make a new one soon. And to find the post easily, you could just subscribe to it using thread tools at the top bar...

Hmm, and I've been pretty inactive too, so does anyone want to start the new thread?

PS: Navlem I thought your dragonflies were abit over-sharpened! Or they sure look that way.

Haha, i didn't do much sharpening, its cropped thats all.

see, this is wats so good about this place, how often do u get things for free..haha ... too bad the admin have to put it into the kopitiam section and let it become so difficult to find
you can click on 'subscribe to this thread' in the thread tools tab so you dont have to keep searching for it.

you can click on 'subscribe to this thread' in the thread tools tab so you dont have to keep searching for it.

subscribing is a good way for "us" the usual people that know about this thread... but new FZ user won't be able to know about this thread, i think the new fz user don't even know about this existence, so any spare gift from us ex-FZ is like passing among us... now dun suggest me to put the link in my signature, coz i already hardly go into panasonic section to see if they have any problem

That's true, now this thread is like just a gathering for our this grp, no new users will know about this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.