FZ20 Battery grip!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
donchua said:
I just made but never test as no time.
It will need to take hunderd of pics...

Heh, no time I test for u lor, most likely will be making the battery pack too...if they last long enough, then can forgo buying anymore batteries liao

kenshinz said:
Just a thought, how about using those gumstick batteries in the battery grip? They have the same voltage as the AAs, and are slim enough you can stack a few inside without any problems. 1400mah ain't that bad either.

Tested with 4 AA NiMH batt with cam build in flash and the flash took quite long
to recharge.
Might try 6 to 7 gumstick if can stack that much and cost not that high.
Got to find the gumstock though..
BTW, use what to charrge them?

kenshinz said:
Heh, no time I test for u lor, most likely will be making the battery pack too...if they last long enough, then can forgo buying anymore batteries liao

Just a fast test last night with the grip and 4 batt, quiote fast went dead.. :confused:

donchua said:
Tested with 4 AA NiMH batt with cam build in flash and the flash took quite long
to recharge.
Might try 6 to 7 gumstick if can stack that much and cost not that high.
Got to find the gumstock though..
BTW, use what to charrge them?

Hmm on 2nd thots, gum stick quite ex, cheapest I found is $22 for 2 batteries, can either use discman to charge, or get the GP gumstick charger (forgot the price).

Faster discharge rate for flash, maybe can try CR123A as Hong Jia has suggested

donchua said:
Just a fast test last night with the grip and 4 batt, quiote fast went dead..

Don, I think the batteries are not dead, just that when fully charged its 1.5v, so 4x = 6v, but after using a while, the voltage drops to 4.8v, which might not be enough to actually power up the camera's function.

kenshinz said:
Hmm on 2nd thots, gum stick quite ex, cheapest I found is $22 for 2 batteries, can either use discman to charge, or get the GP gumstick charger (forgot the price).

Faster discharge rate for flash, maybe can try CR123A as Hong Jia has suggested

Don, I think the batteries are not dead, just that when fully charged its 1.5v, so 4x = 6v, but after using a while, the voltage drops to 4.8v, which might not be enough to actually power up the camera's function.

Ya, my dead mean batt dscharge till no enought power to pwer up the cam.

Tested the grip with 4 pcs Sanyo 2500 NiMH fully charged at total around 5.5V.
Taken 150 pic using EVF and few set of burst speed and normal P, A & M mode
with my FZ20 external flash.
Batt check volt at 5.18V. Tired liao, so stop trsting....

A six volt battery pack to power up a 7.2v camera doesn't seem appropriate. I guess the so-called battery pack serves as nothing more than a camera extension. ;p

Hmm... been quite awhile since this thread was updated. Anymore updates on the DIY battery grip progress?

I'm starting to make 1 too... got the materials already. Now only waiting for some free time to do it. Anyways, does anyone know if 9.6V is too high? Thinking of using 8 x NiMH (1.2V) or 6 x Alkaline (1.5V)...

Also:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1380808#post1380808

karnage said:
Hmm... been quite awhile since this thread was updated. Anymore updates on the DIY battery grip progress?

I'm starting to make 1 too... got the materials already. Now only waiting for some free time to do it. Anyways, does anyone know if 9.6V is too high? Thinking of using 8 x NiMH (1.2V) or 6 x Alkaline (1.5V)...

Also:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1380808#post1380808

My Modded BP200 grip already done quite some time.
Just can't find a adapter plate yet.. :confused:

Ya, I know. Haha! But have u tested it out without the plate? As in, the battery life? U using 6 AA ah?

karnage said:
Ya, I know. Haha! But have u tested it out without the plate? As in, the battery life? U using 6 AA ah?

Refer to post# 46. Tested thye grip with 4 X 2500mah.

Uh huh... but u didn't test to the max mah... haha! But nevermind la... when u got time then test lor... I also don't think I'll have time anytime soon to test it out, even after I'm done with it... *sigh* NDP's sucking up ALL my weekends...

Status
Not open for further replies.