Fujifilm X100S

Just got the x100s today. Anyone noticed you can only get the display of the inner 25 af points only in the OVF but all 49 points in the EVF? Had all 49 points in the OVF in the x100 if I'm not wrong...

The commander will ask him to sell his X-Pro1 lol

Exactly what I was going to say hahaha! But no way am I parting with my X-Pro1.

Just got the x100s today. Anyone noticed you can only get the display of the inner 25 af points only in the OVF but all 49 points in the EVF? Had all 49 points in the OVF in the x100 if I'm not wrong...

Just checked mine, yes there are only 25 AF points in OVF while EVF has 49 points.

Last part, he mention best image quality goes to blah blah blah..
Next he said but x100s is USD1299, just can't resist the pricing, LOL

[video=youtube;-riTuXx7rKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-riTuXx7rKM[/video]

Does the lens still retain the same signature as the X100's? Is it still abit soft wide open? Thanks.

Yes. It is soft wide open for macro distances only.

it is known that the lens works at its best at f/4 for macro

Just collected mine..
Wondering if any of you who use x100s put on any filter? I just knew that we need an adapter ring to use filter.

Btw where to get screen protector for x100s?

Thanks

guseliz said:
Just collected mine..
Wondering if any of you who use x100s put on any filter? I just knew that we need an adapter ring to use filter.

Btw where to get screen protector for x100s?

Thanks

Use d old x100 type LCD protector. Will work. Most shops sell it.

Used to use my x100 and currently x100s without a filter or the cap. Just with the filter adapter on all the time in case I need to use the hood. The top half of the full case acts as a lens cap when in storage. No scratches or damage so far.

LiQuiFireX said:

Common. Nothing is going wrong.

Thoth said:
It has ok IQ. But not at d same level with d XP1 or X-E1 on d XF35 lens.

100s focus improvement on AF speed, phase detection, image split for MF rather than leap IQ ... My opinion only...

Common. Nothing is going wrong.

Seems like a step down for OVF users like me. Having all 49 points in the OVF last time was a big thing to me, but now it's a minor annoyance at most.

402376_10151561041485761_2046582098_n.jpg

Test shot at ISO 6400, jpg straight from cam (autoWB, Std, +1 sharpen, -1 NR!!)

mogwai said:
Test shot at ISO 6400, jpg straight from cam (autoWB, Std, +1 sharpen, -1 NR!!)

Why has white shadow around the camera body and hand?

aogiliu said:
Why has white shadow around the camera body and hand?

hah white shadow.

You need to purchase an adapter for the filter, and you have a choice of getting the original at higher price but higher quality, or get a compatible one from JJC which is made in china, slightly lower in quality.

The best matching UV filter will be the B+W Chrome silver filter which matches the camera perfectly. I have a spare unused set bought from net and if you are interested, PM me.

Yap i almost bought the original adapter ring(come together with the hood) but was thinking if i put it on i would have difficulty to use the leather case and also every time i want to attach the WCL i would have to remove it first.
isn't that too cumbersome?
Care to share your X100s pic together with the filter attached?

Thank you

Only noticed when I transferred to my comp. I think it's the mirror from close distance - some physics phenomenon thingy.