Fujifilm X100S

Do let me know where to enable it. I have been looking through the menu and manual and am still only able to get 25 points in the OVF.

Bro Strangely i cannot find the setting in the menu anymore while I was helping you to locate it. I will try to browse through again and let you know if I managed to find it.

Optoms said:
Just to share some lobang with bros here. Today i went searching for x100s but tk foto was out of stock. So i went to a few camera shops to ask and finally SLRR has stock and was selling <$1535 with all the freebies. Just some infos for bro here who are interested in getting it.

I am not surprised. Got my previous X100 at a very good price at the launch from SLRR previously as well. They have one of the lowest prices around. Enjoy your purchase!

just a warning to all those interested in buying an X100s, you should spend a few dollars more and get it from a retailer that offers 1 to 1 exchange.

I bought it last night from SLR at the aforementioned price, which is pretty much the same everywhere in Funan but I decided to buy from them because them and John 3.16 usually serve me the best, and i just happened to go into SLR first.

What a mistake.

The camera locked up after taking a few pics when i brought it home, and until now after charging the battery it wont power up. Could be a battery or camera problem. So went to bed and thought just ring them in the morning, I am a regular there and have spent thousands of dollars there and they are reputable, surely they will do something.

WRONG!

Ignoring the Lemon Law - the guy on the phone said he knows who I am etc and regardless they don't do 1-to-1 exchange as specified by Fuji. Firmly told me to go to service centre, (which is not open today). Then I asked what if it's a battery problem? Got an even better reply, even that need to go down to service centre. And yes, the guy said he was the manager. He didn't even seem the least bit sympathetic or apologetic that his store sold me faulty goods. He went on to say that when I tested it in-store, it was ok, and that even if I came back after an hour upon leaving the shop after purchasing it would still be a service centre matter.

So now I could probably go down and invoke the Lemon Law, and that would result in either two things - they would probably angrily send it off to the service centre on my behalf, or just flat out ask me to take legal matters.

So instead of wasting time and hot air, will just go down to Fuji service centre on Monday since I have to make a trip down somewhere to sort it out anyway. Will never step into SLR ever again, they might have good service when selling you stuff, but when something goes wrong they are no better than a dodgy Sim Lim camera store.

Really wished I walked on the other side and gone into John 3.16 first -.-"

Also please note, the Lemon Law has proven to be rather useless (ironic right ...) in this particular instance, so it is important for camera buyers to make sure they can get a 1-for-1 exchange if anything goes wrong with the equipment within a certain time frame.

just a warning to all those interested in buying an X100s, you should spend a few dollars more and get it from a retailer that offers 1 to 1 exchange.

I bought it last night from SLR at the aforementioned price, which is pretty much the same everywhere in Funan but I decided to buy from them because them and John 3.16 usually serve me the best, and i just happened to go into SLR first.

What a mistake.

The camera locked up after taking a few pics when i brought it home, and until now after charging the battery it wont power up. Could be a battery or camera problem. So went to bed and thought just ring them in the morning, I am a regular there and have spent thousands of dollars there and they are reputable, surely they will do something.

WRONG!

Ignoring the Lemon Law - the guy on the phone said he knows who I am etc and regardless they don't do 1-to-1 exchange as specified by Fuji. Firmly told me to go to service centre, (which is not open today). Then I asked what if it's a battery problem? Got an even better reply, even that need to go down to service centre. And yes, the guy said he was the manager. He didn't even seem the least bit sympathetic or apologetic that his store sold me faulty goods. He went on to say that when I tested it in-store, it was ok, and that even if I came back after an hour upon leaving the shop after purchasing it would still be a service centre matter.

So now I could probably go down and invoke the Lemon Law, and that would result in either two things - they would probably angrily send it off to the service centre on my behalf, or just flat out ask me to take legal matters.

So instead of wasting time and hot air, will just go down to Fuji service centre on Monday since I have to make a trip down somewhere to sort it out anyway. Will never step into SLR ever again, they might have good service when selling you stuff, but when something goes wrong they are no better than a dodgy Sim Lim camera store.

Also please note, the Lemon Law has proven to be rather useless (ironic right ...) in this particular instance, so it is important for camera buyers to make sure they can get a 1-for-1 exchange if anything goes wrong with the equipment within a certain time frame.

OMG I feel your frustration bro. I will be super angry too if such a thing happened to me being a regular there. Will definitely take note of this.

Hope Fujifilm can solve this problem for you in double quick time. My experience with them are quite good.

^THX, I am hoping it is a battery problem, so might take it to town to look for a new battery later.

Just disappointed at SLRR, when i asked if i can come down to see if a replacement battery would work, the manager flat out said that they can't exchange the battery and they're not technicians so they cannot diagnose what is wrong with my camera. He didn't even mention that i could come down and try a new battery and BUY it if it works. It's as if for some reason they don't won't me coming down with my faulty set in case i cause a scene -.-"

And this is priceless:

Me: It isn't fair that i've been sold a defective camera.
Manager: It also isn't fair to say we sold you a defective camera because when you tried it last night it was working.

Really the last time i encountered this was when i bought an iPhone4, and the M1 guy told me to check thoroughly before i paid as they no longer do 1-for-1 exchange and if it fails after leaving the store then i would need to take it to the service centre.

But i was informed of that BEFORE paying, also that was way before the Lemon Law was introduced, you would think stores would be more savvy now. It might be fuji's policy not to provide 1-for-1 exchanges, but i googled a bit and harvey norman offers 1-for-1 exchange on defective cameras for up to 7 days. hmmmmmmm ....

jules77 said:
He went on to say that when I tested it in-store, it was ok, and that even if I came back after an hour upon leaving the shop after purchasing it would still be a service centre matter.

But you didn't test the charger, and the charging ability of your battery.

How can they prove when they sold the battery, the quality of the battery is not faulty?

I just ask.

^basically they dont care,

Note - when i say "them" i mean the manager who i dont know, usually i get served by a guy in specs who always provides excellent service, i asked to speak to him and the guy on the phone said he knows who i am and he (as in himself) is the manager. So basically he speaks on behalf of the shop.

The manager didnt even ask any questions regarding how it could fail etc, troubleshooting, just straight say i need to take it to service centre myself. Under lemon law, they shud take it in for me as the contract is with them, not the manufacturer.

very disappointed, i have spent at least 5k there in the past 8 months, you would think they would at least tried to be a bit more polite to me ....

man, sorry to hear of what you had to go through. really hope that it's either a charger or battery fault. have you thought of popping by slr to ask them to let you try another battery? that way, at least you have the peace of mind that it's either the battery or charger and not the camera's fault

on the lemon law, it's not exactly useless. in order to enforce it, you will need to bring the matter before the court. in this case, the small claims tribunal. it basically offers you an avenue for redress

do keep us updated on the fault and hopefully you can enjoy your camera in no time :)

My guess is that SLR got the camera from some other shop (or parallel import) and therefore cannot do a 1 to 1 ) back to back with Fuji Singapore. Check out the authorized dealer page here FinePix Dealers | Fujifilm Singapore

What a mistake.

WRONG!

Update:

Tried different original and 3rd party batteries and cam is definitely dead. Since i was nearby, i popped by slr to have some words. Although they stated they cant 1 for 1 exchange, they took my x100s in and will do their best to fast track it.

Note, i dont know if it is really fuji singapore policy for no on the spot exchange, as other stores said they shud exchange straight away, but slr said is their own company policy in case the goods were damaged by the user.

Can understand that but told them how they handled it by telling me to go sort it out myself was unacceptable and inexcusable. They apologised by saying the words didnt come out right as their english level isnt that good and promised to have fuji look into the case asap.

For people buying the x100s, please be careful. Seems i am the first one on the net (yay?) to post a dead unit, but googling the x100 and i can see that it had many complaints of similar problems.

Sorry to hear about your defective x100s jules77.

Anyways, anyone using lightroom 4.3? I can't open the raw file and been shooting jpegs only... sians

Update:

Tried different original and 3rd party batteries and cam is definitely dead. Since i was nearby, i popped by slr to have some words. Although they stated they cant 1 for 1 exchange, they took my x100s in and will do their best to fast track it.

Note, i dont know if it is really fuji singapore policy for no on the spot exchange, as other stores said they shud exchange straight away, but slr said is their own company policy in case the goods were damaged by the user.

Can understand that but told them how they handled it by telling me to go sort it out myself was unacceptable and inexcusable. They apologised by saying the words didnt come out right as their english level isnt that good and promised to have fuji look into the case asap.

For people buying the x100s, please be careful. Seems i am the first one on the net (yay?) to post a dead unit, but googling the x100 and i can see that it had many complaints of similar problems.

I bought from click but $20-30 more expensive..Before I left, the salesman specifically told me to keep the receipt and any problem they can exchange a new set straight away within 7 days. That is what consumer want to hear which will be fair to us.

Bro your set will soon be working and don't get too upset Ya, happy shooting with the fine camera.

Sorry to hear about your defective x100s jules77.

Anyways, anyone using lightroom 4.3? I can't open the raw file and been shooting jpegs only... sians

Fuji raw support is rather weak as it does not use the common imaging standard, that is one disadvantage for Fuji user.

Thx all for the support, they said once fuji confirm is not user fault, they will issue a new set, not repair, hope they mean it. So just pretending i have "pre-ordered" the unit and waiting to collect it sometime next week.

Totally agree with the 7 days exchange, i think the percentage of cams that will fail within first week is very rare, and the instances where you cant get a direct exchange from a reputable shop is even rarer, but there you go it does happen and should be noted before rushing to plonk down our hard earned cash for the latest fancy pants cams. Lesson learned, hopefully no more funny business fingers crossed.

As for raw support, wanted to try it on the new capture one, but the cam died before i could set it to RAW.

jules77 said:
Update:

Just lame excuses from them. They can say whatever they want when on the phone, but because you were in the shop and probably with other customers around, they had to "behave properly".

They are not above the law of the land, so their company policy has to also be inline with the law of the land.

If you didn't hand it over to them, you could've brought a case against them.

But a lot of notorious SG retailers don't even bat an eyelid because they know it's more troublesome for a customer to bring a case up against them - so far, they are "winning".

The so-called lemon law has not served its purpose because the policing and the penalty for such sellers are too weak. They should have licenses suspended to make them behave in a manner that is consistent with SG's status as a developed country.

That's why for big ticket items, I always buy them from reputable shops n sales people I am familiar with, even if they are not always the cheapest. As long as the mark up is small, it's ok. It's worth it for that peace of mind.

^agree with this totally, the guy i spoke to was more polite than the guy on the phone but he kept trying to "tai chi" the blame away, saying stuff like other stores can say they would 1-to-1 exchange because they want us to look bad etc. He even said that it is standard procedure for such cases to be settled with the manufacturer, then i brought up the lemon law and he tried to brush it aside saying he knows about it, then i called him out on the fact that the law states that the contract of the sale is between the shop and me, not the manufacturer - then he quickly added ... but if the customer insist for us to return the item to manufacturer and handle the matter, then of course we will assist them ....

the excuse about language was poor too, i told him that all they originally needed to say was "bring back, we settle for you".

well, the only way they can redeem themselves is showing how fast they can deal with this case, he promised he would call the fuji rep asap on monday, and by tuesday if fuji confirm it is a manufacturer defect, he will call me right away to pick up a new camera.

I am also puzzled why fuji centre is closed on saturdays, isn't that when most working people only have time to drop by?

That's why for big ticket items, I always buy them from reputable shops n sales people I am familiar with, even if they are not always the cheapest. As long as the mark up is small, it's ok. It's worth it for that peace of mind.

yes, trouble is SLRR is very reputable (when it comes to selling at least). they don't try to cheat you on price or push you into buying, even the sales people are familiar with me and the guy who fobbed me off on the phone also acknowledged that he knew i was a regular.

wouldn't have believed they would handle the matter like this, but now it's happened just letting others know, it could really happen to anyone and at any store, but because of the chances of higher end camera's failing within a few hours are so slim, we won't really know how certain stores would deal with it. i am guessing since this just launched a week ago, some places wouldn't be able to provide a 1-to-1 exchange on the spot even if they wanted to, so there are a lot of variable. but again, how SLRR originally handled it is unacceptable.

Lightroom 4.4 supports it and RC is out few weeks ago.