Fuji X100

Status
Not open for further replies.
arggggh this is a totally undeniable object of desire!

On second thought, I would still be faithful to my DSLR system even in the future, hard-earned money and no deep pocket. (almost thought of selling off my setup for this!)
Technology and product design outshines one another too fast in this modern era, so I really advise all the bros out there to think before you cheat on your wife*(DSLRs) haha!

The morale is, the rich would still stand better chance flirting around, as the retail price of SGD$1450 could get me some really good bing-bang lens or swissh-swoosh flash.

Have fun lusting!

still tempting tho..hahaha

isn't this obvious?? Fuji didn't give him a set to test. Sounds like a cheap shot at getting back at them. Strange he did not compare the X100 to the X1. That would be the direct competitor of the X100

Which shop did you go to reserve?

I have called SLR Revolution to reserve a set for me when the stock is in. No indicative pricing yet.

the expected price is about SGD 2000 after conversion.... more than a EVIL or M4/3.....

the expected price is about SGD 2000 after conversion.... more than a EVIL or M4/3.....

Makes me wonder, whether it makes more sense to buy a X1, even with its limitations.
The value of the X1 will be retained better, IMHO.

tbh, I think the digital bodies won't hold as much value as the rangefinder ones. 5 years from now, how much would you pay for a D-Lux, X1, as compared to a Leica 3 or 4?

tbh, I think the digital bodies won't hold as much value as the rangefinder ones. 5 years from now, how much would you pay for a D-Lux, X1, as compared to a Leica 3 or 4?

What do you think about the value of the M9 and M8?
Will they also drop but not as fast?

Somehow digital cameras are very much easier to be obsoleted.

That's what I think, but I could be wrong. I mean, ask yourself this - that famous Canon rangefinder (ae1?) is worth how much today? Now compare a 5 to 7 year Canon DSLR (1d?) - what's that worth today?

Another example - I've seen Nikon F2 going for 500 these days. That camera is almost 30 years old. Now compare a Nikon d1 or whatever their first pro DSLR was. How old and worth how much?

urban said:
What do you think about the value of the M9 and M8?
Will they also drop but not as fast?

Somehow digital cameras are very much easier to be obsoleted.

Based on what I see from b&s, After M8.2 released, M8 has dropped to 40% of its launch price...M9 shld follow suit.

Good point. The value of the lens goes with the body. :(

Just for the look of it.... I WANT IT.

Harvey Norman is manning the Fujifilm booth this coming IT Show in March. There will be a few pieces available at the booth but will be sold at first-come-first-serve basis. ;)

Just saw the cnet unboxing video. Pretty amateurish, I'd expected more from them. Most unboxing videos serves to stir up excitement but this one was a real put-off.

New question for the sake of discussion - design differences aside, the x100 has a similar sensor to the NEX5, and the NEX5 has got GPS and interchangeable lenses, and I'm told that with adapters, it will handle Zeiss, Leica and Nikon lenses as well (no AF).

Based on this, why pick one over the other? Versatility vs design?

Fuji Philippines has a production unit already, but not yet for sale... darn, I was offered to review it but I'm not there right now.

Harvey Norman is manning the Fujifilm booth this coming IT Show in March. There will be a few pieces available at the booth but will be sold at first-come-first-serve basis. ;)

:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

New question for the sake of discussion - design differences aside, the x100 has a similar sensor to the NEX5, and the NEX5 has got GPS and interchangeable lenses, and I'm told that with adapters, it will handle Zeiss, Leica and Nikon lenses as well (no AF).

Based on this, why pick one over the other? Versatility vs design?

Bro, to me, the superb built-in viewfinder is the winner, there nothing sticking out from the body, ala Nex or the GXR. And I think it is easier to maneuver from menu to menu in the X100.

Hmmm.. anyone knows for manual exposure mode, any option to make a 1/3 or 1/2 stops adjustments?

The shutter speed dial advances in 1 full stop, the aperture ring also the same, only exposure compensation seems to have 1/3 stops steps, but exposure compensation don't work in manual exposure mode right?

I mean, if the desired exposure is f2.8 1/100s, how do I set the exposure? :think:

Important to me cos I always shoot in M mode leh.. :sweat:

I'm using mechanical camera too. Looking at the EV compensation dial, I believe to set 1/100s and if your shutter is fixed at 1/125s, then just click -1/3 stop will do. Grap an old exposure meter with a dial type and you will see what I mean.

does the phase detection AF actually works??

anyone has any hands on report on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.