Fuji X100

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the price is right, I would love to get this baby for my 2nd cam. As bringing DSLR to & fro work sometimes can be a hassle to me (due to my work area/conditions). This baby at least I can keep it in my normal work bag and took out everytime I need to get a pic. and also can be a reminder to take a pic of a place of interest and come back with a DSLR. The specs and designs really interest me.

If the price is right, I would love to get this baby for my 2nd cam. As bringing DSLR to & fro work sometimes can be a hassle to me (due to my work area/conditions). This baby at least I can keep it in my normal work bag and took out everytime I need to get a pic. and also can be a reminder to take a pic of a place of interest and come back with a DSLR. The specs and designs really interest me.

Bro. I would think a NEX3 is more suitable as a daily grab-and-go camera for its size. The X100 should be around the size of a film camera like the K1000 hence will not be compact. But I am excited at how unique it is. :)

Check out its size here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbAtc13O-lI

Last edited:
Bro. I would think a NEX3 is more suitable as a daily grab-and-go camera for its size. The X100 should be around the size of a film camera like the K1000 hence will not be compact. But I am excited at how unique it is. :)

EH sony? no thanks. haha. The design feel modern. I want something retro looking.

I dun mind its not that compact, coz as I said I can keep it in my work bag(which is small) like my Super Program & MG can. My DSLR is too big to keep in there. Plus my work place is so dusty, its a nightmare for DSLR!

I have a DSLR and some primes. I don't need this...with such high price.

I have a DSLR and some primes. I don't need this...with such high price.

Sorry bro but don't be obliged to buy this if you don't need to...

anyway, I am soo loving this camera just for the looks alone... :lovegrin:

Sorry bro but don't be obliged to buy this if you don't need to...

anyway, I am soo loving this camera just for the looks alone... :lovegrin:

exactly the same reason for me
:heart:

This will be one stand out camera even if it means a niche one like the DP1 or GRD series. I'm eager to see how the output will be like. My guess the price would be >$1599

I hope this one's at least as small as ME super for correct balance...

What bundled software will be supplied with the X-100?
As a Fuji S2 Pro owner I was disappointed when Fuji gave up issuing software updates for Mac.

What bundled software will be supplied with the X-100?
As a Fuji S2 Pro owner I was disappointed when Fuji gave up issuing software updates for Mac.

I'm a Mac user as well, but personally I've never used the bundled software of any of the many cameras that I've owned. I shoot RAW and as long as the files can be read in a Mac friendly program (eg. Aperture, Lightroom, Photoshop... I'm sure there are many others), I'm a happy man. It's even less of an issue for JPEG shooters.

In any case, I think Fuji will be wise enough to *not* ignore the Mac user base, esp with its increasing marketshare. Esp if they want the X100 to succeed.

Lucian is correct in saying that one can read Fuji .RAF RAW files in Aperture and in Photoshop CS5 (both of which I have) but I was considering those photographers on a limited budget who must rely on just the bundled software supplied by the manufacturer.

If the X100 costs more than 1k, i think the price will be overpriced. Lets hope fuji [rice it at least than 700.

If the X100 costs more than 1k, i think the price will be overpriced. Lets hope fuji [rice it at least than 700.

Think about it. The Sony NEX5 with a regular lens is around 1K. This is built to be a high-end camera with premium f2 lens. There's no way it will cost less than $1K. i guess initially it will be targetted only at those who are willing to pay to appreciate it rather than bargain hunters.
Using the Oly EP2 has a guide, I would hazard a guess the intro price would be around $1500-1600. :)

Lucian is correct in saying that one can read Fuji .RAF RAW files in Aperture and in Photoshop CS5 (both of which I have) but I was considering those photographers on a limited budget who must rely on just the bundled software supplied by the manufacturer.

don't worry, there is always Ufraw... :heart::heart::heart:

700? that is LX5 price... :p

this is a premium compact you know... :sweatsm:

Put it at 1599 and it's still a bargain compared to the Leica X1.

Status
Not open for further replies.