Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read something interesting about the X-E1 from this source. Extract from article:
"... But according to our sources the real news is in the X-E1′s insides. Autofocus speed will convince any X series doubter. Expect C-AF and tracking to be useful.

That’s right, it’s almost an X-Pro1. On steroids. There will be some forums uproar of early adopters. Fujifilm has a “cheap” X-Pro1 that’s most likely to technically surpass its pricier sibling."

AF has been Fuji's achilles heel and would be great if that have vastly improve it. Pure speculation but very interesting ...

if the specs are really better than X-Pro1 then Fuji should at least provide some firmware improvements to the current model, to somewhat pacify early adopters.

Rumored X-E1 specifications (original source):

• Same 16MP sensor as in the X-Pro1 (with max ISO of 25,600)
• 6 fps
• Light magnesium body
• Improved AF speed
• Price: bellow $1000
• To be released before Christmas
• Same video recording capabilities as the X-Pro1
• Mic input
• EVF only (not hybrid as the X-Pro1)
• Two colors: black and silver
• Pull 25 ISO to simulate Velvia in JPEG mode

Xpro 1 sensor and below US$1000 :)

so... in order to get the hybrid VF one has to pay twice the price for the x-pro1?

yikes, seems like Fuji just thrown an egg to my face :dunno:

More photos of the X-E1 - front, back, top from Digicame info .

2_fuji_xe1_f1_.jpg

2_fuji_xe1_b1_.jpg

2_fuji_xe1_t1_.jpg

Looks good overall, almost like the Xpro1, saved for the hybrid VF and play button at the back. Maybe slightly shorter? Official announcement should be very near ...

Nice. It like it's retro yet minimalistic look.

was at PC show looking at the Xpro1 and playing with it.,..quite like it, price 2199 body and 35mm is at 799...but keen to wait for the new XE1, the audiohouse fuji sales guy say coming in oct, donno true or not...and say maybe will cost like $2399 come with new 18-55 f2-8-4..????

X-E1 and the new compact (XP1/XF1) is scheduled to be announced on 5th September! (according to Photorumors). That's in a few days!

Hmm.. then what are they gonna announce for photokina?..

Strange..

vengels said:
Hmm.. then what are they gonna announce for photokina?..

Strange..

Usually announcements are made days before Photokina, and mock-up/ actual working units will be on display during the trade show.

Usually announcements are made days before Photokina, and mock-up/ actual working units will be on display during the trade show.
i see i see..

holding back on my X Pro 1 purchase til more details about X-E1..
so the earlier the better..

haha

Haha I am more interested on the X-Pro1 new firmware scheduled to be released on Sept 5!

Already owned the X-Pro1 =)

Haha I am more interested on the X-Pro1 new firmware scheduled to be released on Sept 5!

Already owned the X-Pro1 =)

personally i have not tried the X-Pro1..
but i read that the shutter lag and AF is slow..
thats why i am holding back at the moment..

but i have a feeling even with the X-E1 i might still get the X-Pro1 cause i love the hybrid viewfinder..
something which i really enjoyed using on my X100..

AF in 0.1s ?.. according to photorumors..
but with new lenses..

thats great news if it is true especially for X-Pro1 owners..

Don't read too much online reviews, try it at camera stores like Cathay Photo and let your user experience speaks for yourself. =)

If you own an X100, the AF speed on the X-Pro1 should not be too far off.

X100 was slow compared to the newer mirrorless cameras..

but it was never really a problem for me..
can still capture images of my 4year old daughter..

but i read X-Pro1 is slower than X100..

will go to shops to try it out one of these days..

The X-E1 looks really cool! Let's see what sensor Fuji is gonna put in, and the bundled lenses. I'd love to have a set :)

Looks like announcement is tomorrow instead. Below latest specs from Photorumors:

• Same 16MP APS-C “X-Trans CMOS” sensor as the X-Pro1 (max ISO of 25,600)
• 2,360k dots OLED EVF with a 1:5000 contrast ratio (similar to the Sony a99)
• Optical part of the EVF will have a double ASPH element and diopter correction
• Weigh 350 g (compared to 450 g for the X-Pro1)
• Mic input of the X-E1 will serve also as electronic camera trigger

Interesting about the OLED EVF and weight 350g (about same as X10).

New 18-55mm and 14mm is also expected to be announced tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.