Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have gone to Cathay Photo to check price.....

Give MSColor a call to get a better quote. Or SLR Revo.

Wait for a few weeks more and price will drop slightly....

May I ask how much you paid for it? I was quoted $2000+ which I think is quite overpriced.

Yes, the rest is like X-Pro1, which is good.

Have been hoping for a X-100 with X-Pro1 sensor. This XE-1 meets my requirements....

I take it that the rest is the same as the X-Pro 1 ............ namely the AF ............

Funan.....kit lens zoom won't be available now....price for body

how is the shutter sound ?

most keen to hear it.

Same as X-Pro1. Not like the X100 leaf shutter which is completely silent.

I think everything is the same as X-Pro1, just short of the OVF.

how is the shutter sound ?

most keen to hear it.

Just wondering..any existing D700 users who want to switch to this? Any reason for doing so apart from the weight?

Just wondering..any existing D700 users who want to switch to this? Any reason for doing so apart from the weight?

I don't have any DSLRs but am considering the XE mainly because of it's non-AA filter sensor and that their own lenses are good. After using a GXR, I am a great fan of non-AA sensors.

I'm a D700 user. I'm considering it as a smaller substitute during outing whereby I don't wish to bring out my D700.

FYI I sold all my Canon gears (1D Mark III, all my L lenses, speedlites) and got myself a x-pro1 + 2 XF lenses. Never look back... my camera bag is so much smaller and lighter now.

Still if you need blazing fast AF and high burst rate, no mirrorless camera come close to DSLRs...

I'm a D700 user. I'm considering it as a smaller substitute during outing whereby I don't wish to bring out my D700.

ya..same as me...tats the reason why im still considering...the size n sensor, basically im shooting raw when using D700...for XE-1 my only main concern is the image quality n whether the auto focus is really faster / better...esp when it comes to full frame sensor vs a cropped x-trans sensor, contrast detect vs phase...im oso using x100 and i find tat the auto focus can take quite a while to hunt esp indoor...nt so confident of the support for their raw files too...decision decision!!

Since you are also a X100 user, you will be glad to know that XE-1 is a little faster in AF, but no way to be the same speed as DSLR. I think only m43 systems are getting near to DSLR in terms of AF speed.

However, you will be amazed with the IQ - sharper than the X100 due to non-AA filter.

ya..same as me...tats the reason why im still considering...the size n sensor, basically im shooting raw when using D700...for XE-1 my only main concern is the image quality n whether the auto focus is really faster / better...esp when it comes to full frame sensor vs a cropped x-trans sensor, contrast detect vs phase...im oso using x100 and i find tat the auto focus can take quite a while to hunt esp indoor...nt so confident of the support for their raw files too...decision decision!!

Just came back from Funan... a few shops are already having stocks and accessories (not complete though).

Bought a nice handgrip (slightly smaller than my X-Pro1 version), but didn't get the original halfcase. Very well made (a bit like Gariz feel) with opening at the bottom for fast battery and SDcard changing without removing the whole case... but it is BROWN colour only.... looks weird to me with all black camera body/lens.

Just came back from Funan... a few shops are already having stocks and accessories (not complete though).

Bought a nice handgrip (slightly smaller than my X-Pro1 version), but didn't get the original halfcase. Very well made (a bit like Gariz feel) with opening at the bottom for fast battery and SDcard changing without removing the whole case... but it is BROWN colour only.... looks weird to me with all black camera body/lens.

How much is the XE-1 body?

Stock meaning accessories or X-E1 is in stock ?

I mean you can find XE-1 small quantity in a few reputable stores such as Cathay, MSColor, etc...

As for the accessories, only the leather halfcase and handgrip came in. Battery is the same one as X-Pro1.

Price for body is between $1,399 in most of the shops, except 1 which quoted $1,299 (but no stocks came in yet).

Stock meaning accessories or X-E1 is in stock ?

Hope to see sample images and user review as I m looking to buy one. Currently I m a Nikon DX user and still can't decide whether should I upgrade to FX or get smaller, lighter mirrorless system. May be XE-1 is answer for me....:)

Hope to see sample images and user review as I m looking to buy one. Currently I m a Nikon DX user and still can't decide whether should I upgrade to FX or get smaller, lighter mirrorless system. May be XE-1 is answer for me....:)

Fuji being Fuji, the XE-1 is going to be quirky just like it's brothers the x100 and xp1.
i think those who want mirrorless-done-like-SLR should just stick to om-d/nex or even nikon-1.

cks2k2 said:
Fuji being Fuji, the XE-1 is going to be quirky just like it's brothers the x100 and xp1.
i think those who want mirrorless-done-like-SLR should just stick to om-d/nex or even nikon-1.

Yup! Actually, I think the only real options are GH3/2 and OMD E-M5 when you look at the whole system.

Yup! Actually, I think the only real options are GH3/2 and OMD E-M5 when you look at the whole system.

i see you got some nice equipment there.

cks2k2 said:

omd are m4/3? had considered before; sensors too small.

nikon-1 , had also consideted before; 2.7x crop factor, put me off, such a job. thou with FT adaptor i can mount existing F mount lenses.

left sony nex, fujifilm x .

Status
Not open for further replies.