Fuji S602Z has arrived...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yar actually it might be a good news for a late release...

else if we encounter a similar to Sony BFS problem and got to go back one by one for a firmware change, that's worse right...

haha maybe I can say this cos I not that kancheong, only planning to get this cam in August.

:) me not so kancheong actually. just like to have a new toy to play soon ;p anyway, hope the product will work great right from day 1 of launch.

www.dcresource.com is supposed to have the review up by the end of the month too.

Originally posted by Tweek
Yar actually it might be a good news for a late release...

else if we encounter a similar to Sony BFS problem and got to go back one by one for a firmware change, that's worse right...

haha maybe I can say this cos I not that kancheong, only planning to get this cam in August.
Hope to join you in August also :D if I get approval from my finance minister! :bsmilie:

Originally posted by Kevin
Hope to join you in August also :D if I get approval from my finance minister! :bsmilie:

sure! I submitted my application form to my financial minister long ago...still pending approval, hehheh.

buy ah buy :p

Originally posted by mpenza

mine's approved :)
Ai yoh! Envy lah!!! :cry:

Teach me the trick leh? What kind of excuse to use leh! I run out lah! Hopefully by August I can come up with better story leh!
:D

Ai yoh! Envy lah!!! :cry:

Teach me the trick leh? What kind of excuse to use leh! I run out lah! Hopefully by August I can come up with better story leh!
:D

say you want to do part time wedding shots ;p or nag until approval is given ;p

Originally posted by Tweek

sure! I submitted my application form to my financial minister long ago...still pending approval, hehheh.

you all damn good. still got financial minister. if only i have one.
but i have been eyeing for a camera like this as well. nearly wanted to get the black G2, but held back.
hope this will be a good purchase.

Originally posted by clams

but i have been eyeing for a camera like this as well. nearly wanted to get the black G2, but held back.

haha good meh? the money is mine leh but I have to ask the financial minister for permission....a bit like CPF, hehheh.

Originally posted by clams

I can become your finance minister. Just let me keep your money....:D :p

Or, you can have my finance minister, then you will know what is good or no good.:p

Originally posted by mpenza

say you want to do part time wedding shots ;p or nag until approval is given ;p
Think I will adopt the second approach so I will start naggin now till August!!! :bsmilie:

Hmms, I am a little confused on the ISO. If I take a photo at ISO 800 or 1600, S602 will reduce my photo resolution to 1MP. To take a 3MP picture, I can go as high as ISO 400 only. If what I said is right then this DC not so attractive to me anymore. The selling point on record video is not relevant to me as I have a simple DVC already. :(

Hmms, I am a little confused on the ISO. If I take a photo at ISO 800 or 1600, S602 will reduce my photo resolution to 1MP. To take a 3MP picture, I can go as high as ISO 400 only. If what I said is right then this DC not so attractive to me anymore.

Yes, what you said is correct. But bear in mind that currently (AFAIK) only DSLRs offer ISO 1600. So the S602 (and F601) at least gives you an opportunity to take at shot that ISO 1600 exposure even though the image resolution might be quite reduced.

But if ISO 800 is sufficient, there are a few non-SLR digicams that have it, like the Nikon 995 and 5000, Olympus C700 and Canon S30.

Thanks reflecx. Well, I have to wait and see any other new products offer from other brands. Well, good thing that I can't get it now. Have to do a lot of nagging till August or end of this year. :D

Hmms, I am a little confused on the ISO. If I take a photo at ISO 800 or 1600, S602 will reduce my photo resolution to 1MP. To take a 3MP picture, I can go as high as ISO 400 only. If what I said is right then this DC not so attractive to me anymore. The selling point on record video is not relevant to me as I have a simple DVC already. :(

yup, that's because the cam will take the neighbouring pixels (assuming 3) and average out (with whatever algorithm they use) to result in one pixel, in order to reduce the high ISO noise. So the result is a low noise 1MP high ISO shot. Actually it's kinda an added bonus that they offer this....other fuji DCs only up to ISO400. Even for my C700uz, I use ISO800 very very sparingly cos of the extreme noise it produces. But for s602z, the noise level is pretty low.

Originally posted by renaissance_myth
check out this page
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F602/F62A3.HTM
price will be USD799. that would be close to SGD1.5k!!!

that's the retail price. street price will be lower.

even the Fujifilm F601Z listed at $1099, sells for almost $200 cheaper at $900 with 128MB SM!

Status
Not open for further replies.