from k-r to k3 or ks2

samshio

Sep 6, 2010
Hi guys, need your advise.

My K-r is acting up and am now looking to upgrade.

eyeing either K-3 or K-S2, or should I wait until later 2016 (when I really need the camera for going overseas)

not going for the k-3 II because it does not have build in flash.

I like the k3 for faster, better autofocus
I like the k-s2 for the swivel lcd

Why not just wait for the FF?

Imho, if you have no need of the techie stuff (ie. built in wifi, tilt screen ), then the K3 is the better buy.
If you want smaller/lighter and need the wifi, tilt screen, then KS2.

Why not just wait for the FF?

Imho, if you have no need of the techie stuff (ie. built in wifi, tilt screen ), then the K3 is the better buy.
If you want smaller/lighter and need the wifi, tilt screen, then KS2.

I'm actually not interested in the wifi, but the tilt screen could come in handy sometimes.

At the moment though, I'm leaning towards the k3. :)

Thanks

having owned both the k3 and ks2..i will say either cam will be fine..

Focusing speed: its about the same on both cams altho k3 has more AF points
Handling: k3 handles better due to its size. Although i have small hands..the bigger sized k3 still feel better to me..its easier to change settings on k3 given that it has more buttons..

the tilt screen is nice to have..before i got the ks2, i always tot having a tilt screen is a good feature..but after i got ks2, i realise that i dun use tilt screen that much..haha:bsmilie:

Last edited:
having owned both the k3 and ks2..i will say either cam will be fine..

Focusing speed: its about the same on both cams altho k3 has more AF points
Handling: k3 handles better due to its size. Although i have small hands..the bigger sized k3 still feel better to me..its easier to change settings on k3 given that it has more buttons..

the tilt screen is nice to have..before i got the ks2, i always tot having a tilt screen is a good feature..but after i got ks2, i realise that i dun use tilt screen that much..haha:bsmilie:

haha, you've made me decision harder. :)

eyeing either K-3 or K-S2, or should I wait until later 2016 (when I really need the camera for going overseas)

The answer is actually very simple if u need a better camera then u keep moving up to the ladder.. KS2 > K3 > k3II > or waiting for FF.

yeah , may be a K5II also not bad... FYI, taking photo with a build-in flash make the image very flat. You can always take photos with available ambient

light, if u always take photos in low light situations, then u may want to invest a good lens with a wider aperture, say F1.8 or a flash

gun may be better.

k1 IS COMING SOON.:):)FULFRAME. WILL BE A GREAT BODY.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/10321525@N07/22381445047/

OTC

Last edited:
My suggestion is to get the K3 now, and the FF later when the price settles down. The price for K3 is really cheap right now, especially a second hand one. The FF Pentax won't be cheap when it comes out, if ever at all.