For those who are married

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is my model! :D:D:D Plus you get extra 'good-husband' points if you take pictures of your wife while she's pregnant, which happens to be my case, as most pregnant women tend to have low self-esteem when they gain weight during pregnancy.. just do a few touchups here and there and post it on facebook and see all your/her friends commenting on how good she looks during pregnancy!

you are a good husband

Simple. Put yourself into her shoe. Do you approve her to do shooting portraiture of male models ?

She don't do photography. I did not restrict her to do anything. I spend most of my time on her than on camera. Shooting 2 hrs once every 3 to 6 mths is not alot. Moreover I do my shooting when she is at work. :dunno::dunno:

I'd give up shooting the pretty models. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, or upset in your case. I'm saying this as a married man.

If you give up what you like/love just because your wife/gf wants you to, then you are a wuss. Period. :)

She don't do photography. I did not restrict her to do anything. I spend most of my time on her than on camera. Shooting 2 hrs once every 3 to 6 mths is not alot. Moreover I do my shooting when she is at work. :dunno::dunno:

Answer yourself the following qns
1. Why does your wife disapprove you from shooting model protraiture photography ?
2. Does she know how much you spend on camera gears ?
3. When you go for model protraiture photography, do you tell her in advance ?
4. If you don't restrict her to do anything, do you expect her to have the same thought as you ?

Happy marriage is like both parties should understand/take care each other well. I believe there will be a solution for your case.

I also face similar issue with my gf. Be it shooting ladies or my purchases of equipment.

Though she still feel edgy towards it, I do hope eventually she will feel less adverse towards my passion as well...

My approach? I don't take SOLELY portraiture (i know quite a number do)... and take photos of her as well... she will definitely feel better, as you "involve" her in the hobby... you two can have fun editing the pictures too... of course, telling her you are going for a portraiture shoot adds on to the trust as well... thats my approach in trying to make her feel better when I do portraiture... :)

for the purchase of equipment wise... well.. i do occasional freelance... can't recoup my "investment" YET... but at least i can argue, my hobby/equipment can bring in abit of money... her bags and clothes don't ;p

How you can convince your wife to approve you in shooting portraiture of models in CS? I always kenna quarrel with her because she don't like it. :mad2::mad2::hammer:

Do you want to continue to quarrel knowing that your wife dont like it?

Which is more important... you life long partner or your life long passion?

U got to choose and pick the choice...

I'd give up shooting the pretty models. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, or upset in your case. I'm saying this as a married man.

U choose to give up life long passion and stay with your life long partner!

I dun even try to convince her. So I shoot food and dustbins. :bsmilie:

Smart... getting out of 'trouble'!

can always use ur wife as ur model....or relatives and family members...niece, sister-in-law, her cousin etc....i'm sure there's a few who is photoghenic enough, see if she still jealous...

One thing for sure, you don need to shoot pretty babes in bikini to practice photography. It only makes it more fun for yourself. So it is mostly for selfish reasons. No issue if u are single,....but married? ...:bsmilie:
Ask your wife to be your model. It would be more meaningful to her too.

If you give up what you like/love just because your wife/gf wants you to, then you are a wuss. Period. :)

do we really like/love shooting models?

or is it more of looking at them in real time? :bsmilie:

there is more to life than just worrying whether people think you are a wuss; it is to do with respect.

do u have a big desk and cabinet in office ?

keep your camera and lenses in office ! edit your photo in office after working hours ! in this way, u separate hobby life and family life well apart..

My wife is my primary model. 25-30% of my shuttercount would be portraits/photos of her. Whenever i have a theme in mind, she becomes my model and also critique.

Buying new gear - If i got new gear, i always test it with her. so, she understand the benefits of the upgrade. She got mad when i got a 17-55 2.8 but when she played around with it, it was hard to get my camera back. but of course, spend responsibly. keep your gear list as little as possible, unless photography is your business.

Shooting nude models - first of all, make sure you're worthy of a nude shoot. Learn lighting and studio setups. then bring her along. pay for her joining fees if needed. if she doesn't shoot, at least, you get more time with the model.

My wife's abit into photography so i let her play with lighting and other settings. Include her in the discussion, and try to teach her theory and show the output. it makes her feel comfortable with what you're doing. and later on, she may even pick the hobby up. when that happens, it will be time to buy a larger dry box. :cool:

can always use ur wife as ur model....or relatives and family members...niece, sister-in-law, her cousin etc....i'm sure there's a few who is photoghenic enough, see if she still jealous...

Sis-in-law can also become wife!

yeah. she gives c&c worthy of a true critic. no holds barred. helps that she was a mua before.

:thumbsup:
so loving :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.