Flash..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen some flash, those big big ones, like attached to a dslr camera.. Sometimes i see the flash, at the top there got white coloured paper? What is that for? And can camera's with pop up flash put that white paper too??

sorry if too noob asking, just curious..

i guess u are talking about a bounce card.
it's used to bounce the light to the subject instead of shooting directly to the subject.
as for pop-up flash, you cant use a bounce card. but u can get a disffuser instead, so as to reduce the harshness of the light.

u may want to check out abetterbouncecard.com for how to DIY a bounce card yourself. i think this has been mentioned before. ;)

oic.. thks for the webbie.. just that my flash aint those kind of big and and twistable.. mine is those when you press a button, the flash pops out...

Search the forum for 'flash diffuser' and you'll find lots of threads about the topic, including links for DIY. There are also DIY versions for your pop-out flash. If all fails, a clean white tissue (use only 1 ply) put on your pop-out flash will also serve as a simple diffuser.

hmm okay thanks... i will try to search for it.. btw just now i tried using white paper and used a rubber band to secure the paper. i guess i need to use a thicker, and wider one i suppose.. i guess it shld be a bounce card...

the one that i search, the pop out flash diffuser, my camera does not have the place to put the external flash. i remember my flash has settings like, -2/3, -1/3, 0, 1/3, 2/3.. what does the numbers mean..

hmm okay thanks... i will try to search for it.. btw just now i tried using white paper and used a rubber band to secure the paper. i guess i need to use a thicker, and wider one i suppose.. i guess it shld be a bounce card...
What exactly do you want to do? If the flash is only pointing to front (that's what your pop-out flash does) then you'll need something to direct the light UP - that way you can achieve some bounce effects. Check again how the bounce cards are used with external flashes: target is to have a bit of light going straight to the object and most of the light going up (e.g. to ceiling). That's why the external flash points upwards in this setup.

the one that i search, the pop out flash diffuser, my camera does not have the place to put the external flash. i remember my flash has settings like, -2/3, -1/3, 0, 1/3, 2/3.. what does the numbers mean..
Check your manual and read about exposure, exposure compensation and flash compensation. You need to know what these terms mean, plenty of tutorials in the net available.

Status
Not open for further replies.