Flash-triggered Flashlite

Status
Not open for further replies.

azone

Jan 20, 2002
azone.clubsnap.org
Hi all,

Does anyone knows if there is any third-party flashlite which can act as a slave flash unit and activated by another flash (can be internal flash oso)?

Thanks.

there're many which could do it or you could get an adaptor. The only problem however, is that digital cameras usually fire a pre-flash which might wrongly trigger the external flash.

You can buy a slave trigger for about $18 (Made in China one, not the Japan one, but works just as well) at CP.

However, your camera must not have a pre-flash. Some digital cameras flash twice - first time to meter the light, and a second time to actually take the picture. If your camera is this type, then you cannot use the slave trigger, because it will fire on the pre-flash.

You can, however, buy a Digislave, which will do the job (but of course it is more expensive). This will allow the flash to fire on the second flash from your camera.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
You can buy a slave trigger for about $18 (Made in China one, not the Japan one, but works just as well) at CP.

However, your camera must not have a pre-flash. Some digital cameras flash twice - first time to meter the light, and a second time to actually take the picture. If your camera is this type, then you cannot use the slave trigger, because it will fire on the pre-flash.

You can, however, buy a Digislave, which will do the job (but of course it is more expensive). This will allow the flash to fire on the second flash from your camera.

I see.. it depends on the flash mode you select. Red-eye reduction mode, for example, will have 2 flashes. Auto mode will only have one.

Any idea what brand is the $18 one you mentioned? Any pics you can show me?

And how much will the Digislave costs?

Thanks!

This is my slave flash shoe with a cheap flash attached.
Basically it's a light detector circuit which triggers off a flash when it detects a bright flash of light. Very cheap, simple and useful.

slaveflashshoe.jpg

And here is the Digislave website:

http://www.srelectronics.com/

Originally posted by kamwai
did u all read my thread?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2233

this flash can use for DC which have or don't have pre-flash, just a flip of button and the flash will only fires off at 2nd flash

realatively cheap too...

Yup, just saw. Still a little confused.. so the one you mentioned is 90 bucks including the handle? You ordered from overseas or local?

Originally posted by azone

Yup, just saw. Still a little confused.. so the one you mentioned is 90 bucks including the handle? You ordered from overseas or local?

pls read the first line....

handle and non-handle version using different body, and their price also different.

The price will be around there....will be confirm the price with u all ASAP (btw, i dun earn a single cent from this, i want to get more order so that the cost can be reduce futher.)

P.S. pls keep this mass order low profile...dun want agents here to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.