Flash advice for D70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mezzotint said:
I've just got myself a Nikkor lens 70-300mm f4/5.6D ED for $620 at MS Color. It's pretty good in shooting clear and sharp pictures. Don't get any G lenses becuz it can cause lotsa distortions. Hope my info helps. :)

I got a feeling you meant, not to get "D" lens..... ;)

mechplas said:
I got a feeling you meant, not to get "D" lens..... ;)
Wow.. then all the 500 f/4D 400 f/2.8D all cannot be bought :(

think we should stick to AIS lenses.

DX lens are both G lens & D.
The VR lenses r G lens & D.

So we should stick to AIS as it has an aperture ring & not D.

mechplas said:
Then I again, I could be mistaken.... :bsmilie:
Oh yeah then Nikon shouldn't be coming out with 300 f/2.8G len also :( distortion *sob sob*

markccm said:
think we should stick to AIS lenses.

DX lens are both G lens & D.
The VR lenses r G lens & D.

So we should stick to AIS as it has an aperture ring & not D.
PRO comment! :thumbsup:

yo bro. how much your d70s? THINKING to get one...
mechplas said:
Thanks guys. Got my D70s kits just now. Ordered the SLK pro340DX and SB800 also. Next up would be one of the following lenses....still thinking :confused: :

1. 70-200mm f/2.8 G ED $3192
2. 80 - 400mm f4.5~5.6 D ED $2604
3. 300mm f4 G ED $1957.2
4. 75 - 240mm f4.5~5.6 D $231
;)

wahidkarim55 said:
yo bro. how much your d70s? THINKING to get one...

;)

Based on my lousy memory, I think it was $1772 w UV Guard Filter, Nikon Bag, Lexar CF 1GB, Kit lens 18~70mm, Batt.

SLK Tripod was $272.

:)

sorry, what is G, D and S Lens?
i tried searching Google for it's definition, but couldn't.

depending on shooting conditions and your handholding abilities or availability of tripod. you can also get good pics from 75-240mm/4.5-5.6.
however the 70-200/2.8 VR will enable you to take good pics in more variety of lighting conditions. more tolerance for shakes and low light. but it costs a lot more!
what lens you desire has to tally with what you're willing to relinguish from your account. hehe....

nikkie said:
what lens you desire has to tally with what you're willing to relinguish from your account. hehe....

I agree. Thats why I am holding back on the next purchase until I am sure of what I "really" need. ha ha ha.

faintech said:
sorry, what is G, D and S Lens?
i tried searching Google for it's definition, but couldn't.
Hi faintech, there's a sticky regarding this, check it out :)

wah lao dun be so sarcastic lah guys,
he mite not be as good as u guys in technical terms. likewise for me,
but we're all still learning right, if he made a mistake, let him noe lah and
being sarcastic doesnt help.

so im still confused, whats the diff btw a D lens and a G lens. is the optics in the 70-300ED better than the D70 kit lens? which lens is better? D lens or G lens? or they are the same?

Alias7 said:
so im still confused, whats the diff btw a D lens and a G lens. is the optics in the 70-300ED better than the D70 kit lens? which lens is better? D lens or G lens? or they are the same?
Did you bother to read my previous post before posting? The answer is there. And if you did search I've at least pasted out the link to the answer 4-5 times already.

If you surfed Nikon website also, you'd find the answer :)

Cheers!

ParkertR said:
A general word of advice you will find on the forum is to get the SB800 :) might cost double the SB600 but it's worth every cent.

Why is it worth every cent? I've got the SB600. What am I missing out on apart from a smaller guide number?

seankyh said:
Why is it worth every cent? I've got the SB600. What am I missing out on apart from a smaller guide number?
need to feel the force in order u can know how much cents is worth...
use yr SB600 first.

try a SB800 next time when u have a chance.(practise and u will know)
getting SB800 first will save u cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.