Flash advice for D70s

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechplas

May 31, 2005
Sengkang
www.rcuniverse.com
I am new to DSLR, and may soon be getting my hands on the D70s. I would like to seek some advice on which external flash I should get for night shoots. Thanks in advance. :)

For the time being I would be using the kit lens 18-70mm. :)

In the near future I would like to get a 70-200mm f2.8 AF VR. Does anyone know the price of this item?

mechplas said:
I am new to DSLR, and may soon be getting my hands on the D70s. I would like to seek some advice on which external flash I should get for night shoots. Thanks in advance. :)

Answer: Please do a Search

mechplas said:
In the near future I would like to get a 70-200mm f2.8 AF VR. Does anyone know the price of this item?

Answer: Please do a Search

Seek, and you shall find.

Guess I'm on my own....... :(

It would have been good to have some experienced "old bird" sharing some light mah.... ;)

Thanks anyway.

While HeWolf might have sounded a bit straight, but he meant well. These questions have been answered over and over and over and over again, I believe there are well over 20 threads on flashes suitable for D70 & D70S.

If you did a search, you'd have found the answer two hours ago.

Searching is also a way to get your answers, it's not that we're lazy to reply.

Anyway, just for the sake of replying since I've typed so much:

SB-600
SB-800.

Take your pick for the D70/S.

espn said:
While HeWolf might have sounded a bit straight, but he meant well. These questions have been answered over and over and over and over again, I believe there are well over 20 threads on flashes suitable for D70 & D70S.

If you did a search, you'd have found the answer two hours ago.

Searching is also a way to get your answers, it's not that we're lazy to reply.

Anyway, just for the sake of replying since I've typed so much:

SB-600
SB-800.

Take your pick for the D70/S.

Thank you for the options. I will read up more before asking in future. :) :thumbsup:

ParkertR said:
A general word of advice you will find on the forum is to get the SB800 :) might cost double the SB600 but it's worth every cent.

laforge said:
Go for teh SB-800

Thanks guys. Got my D70s kits just now. Ordered the SLK pro340DX and SB800 also. Next up would be one of the following lenses....still thinking :confused: :

1. 70-200mm f/2.8 G ED $3192
2. 80 - 400mm f4.5~5.6 D ED $2604
3. 300mm f4 G ED $1957.2
4. 75 - 240mm f4.5~5.6 D $231

you are seriously debating about (1) and/or (4) ????? :bsmilie:

mechplas, you are exactly like me last time,
haha buy camera liao wanna buy 70-200 VR ah? :bigeyes:

What do you intend to use the camera+lens for?

flash77 said:
mechplas, you are exactly like me last time,
haha buy camera liao wanna buy 70-200 VR ah? :bigeyes:

What do you intend to use the camera+lens for?

Prob enjoys the garang "recoil" of the "70-200VR howitzer" compared to the "mortar" of the 75-240mm.

mechplas said:
Thanks guys. Got my D70s kits just now. Ordered the SLK pro340DX and SB800 also. Next up would be one of the following lenses....still thinking :confused: :

1. 70-200mm f/2.8 G ED $3192
2. 80 - 400mm f4.5~5.6 D ED $2604
3. 300mm f4 G ED $1957.2
4. 75 - 240mm f4.5~5.6 D $231

For your four choice, don't hesitate, always go for the first 1.

snowspeeder said:
And don't forget about getting good camera bags and filters too.

Not to 4get a gd & big dry box... :)

no 1 the 70-200vr is the 1 2 go dude...;)

If you don't know what you're using it for. Buy already will only collect dust or sell away in the near future making a loss.

There's a hype over long glasses, but not everybody needs it.

Thank you everyone for your opinions. I am also sure that the 70-200mm VR would be a good choice.

My application varies.

1. Taking landed properties and condominums
2. Aircrafts

I would probably need it more for appl 2, which is neerly used in day time most of the occasion, so I am wondering is the f/2.8 really required or should I get the one with the f4~5.6?

TMC: You can't possibly imagine what I had to sacrifice inorder to make this jump..... :sweat: :)

landed property ... architecture? ... probably want a wide angle lens for that ... 12-24? for aircrafts .. probably a tele lens .. really depends on your needs rather than wants .. otherwise its like throwing $$ away ...

Expiredyoghurt said:
landed property ... architecture? ... probably want a wide angle lens for that ... 12-24? for aircrafts .. probably a tele lens .. really depends on your needs rather than wants .. otherwise its like throwing $$ away ...

Gonna try out the 18-70 kit lens first for the entire shot of the landed houses and then if it ain't enough than I will look into other wide angle lens.

I need the tele or zoom lens to take shots of windows or doors frames of the houses also, without getting to close. What do you suggest would be a good fit? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.