Finally gotten my K-x

buy new lens :bsmilie: 50mm F1.4

Lol but i wanna know what is the exact prob leh. Why couldn't the camera focus arh? Too dark or wat? Then to take is it i have to use manuel focus?

buy new lens :bsmilie: 50mm F1.4

Whahahaha! Yes when its too dark, the camera will have difficulty auto focusing due to lack of contrast.

I think the best is to Manual focus at night, which I always do.

Lol but i wanna know what is the exact prob leh. Why couldn't the camera focus arh? Too dark or wat? Then to take is it i have to use manuel focus?

ok, my bad... my answer seems too frivolous. but as noted, the problem is not enough light.

but imo, while u can MF, i would avoid using the pop-up flash if i can. i face similar problems when i try to take pix in low-light places like dim restaurants, pubs and cafe.

the pop-up flash is too harsh... end up blinding everybody and i dun like the effect it has on the pix. thats why i suggested using a 50mm f1.4 and bump up the ISO if u have to...

but of course, have to save $$$ lor :sweat:

ok, my bad... my answer seems too frivolous. but as noted, the problem is not enough light.

but imo, while u can MF, i would avoid using the pop-up flash if i can. i face similar problems when i try to take pix in low-light places like dim restaurants, pubs and cafe.

the pop-up flash is too harsh... end up blinding everybody and i dun like the effect it has on the pix. thats why i suggested using a 50mm f1.4 and bump up the ISO if u have to...

but of course, have to save $$$ lor :sweat:

if its too harsh can use the flash compensation of something right? Like make the flash dimmer.

if its too harsh can use the flash compensation of something right? Like make the flash dimmer.

Yea you can do that in the flash menu although you may not really see a difference but it will show up in pic .SO dont expect you -2 flash compensation untill poeple cant see :bsmilie: As for the auto focus the k-x dosent have an AF lamp right ?The k-7 has a green lamp which iluminates the area so the camera can focus but if you really need it get a flash unit that includes an autofocus assist beam for focusing in low light or low contrast situations. But then itll be quite a waste using the flash only a helping the AF :bsmilie:

Get the External Flash la. AF360FGZ is a good flash. :)

harsh light = bad light quality, not quantity. putting -ve flash exposure compensation just makes the photo darker, but the harsh specular highlights, facial oil, etc will still be there.

the big problem with the pop-up flash is that it's a very small light source and on the lens axis, so you get a very bad headlight-in-deer-face effect, especially if you don't drag the shutter to expose for some ambient light.

get an external flash, it emits a red patterned beam to assist with AF and you can bounce it off ceilings to get soft shadowless lighting.

harsh light = bad light quality, not quantity. putting -ve flash exposure compensation just makes the photo darker, but the harsh specular highlights, facial oil, etc will still be there.

the big problem with the pop-up flash is that it's a very small light source and on the lens axis, so you get a very bad headlight-in-deer-face effect, especially if you don't drag the shutter to expose for some ambient light.

get an external flash, it emits a red patterned beam to assist with AF and you can bounce it off ceilings to get soft shadowless lighting.

Wah chim chim. Lol now i still no need, its not like i everyday go club. Anyway i realise i use LV always got prob focusing while i use the viewfinder can easily focus leh. Is it me or the cam? :bsmilie:

In really dim setting, I think need to either bounce the light from the flash or get a diffuser for the flash. If don't want to buy external flash, can consider DIY a reflector to bounce the light or buy one of those small diffusers to fit on the pop-up flash.

And if you ever use a lens with a big aperture like the f1.4, be aware of the thin DOF. Eg, if you take group shots with people sitting at various distances from the camera, you might not be able to get everyone in focus.

As for focusing, if your pop-up flash is up, and cam cannot AF, it will use the light from the flash for focus assist. If that still don't work, then manual focus lor.

And for slow LV, read up on your manual about how to change the LV setting from contrast detect to phase difference. The 1st one makes the camera behave like LV in P&S cameras, but very slow. The 2nd one, the AF is fast, but there is a short time when the screen will blank out as the mirror slaps up.

i used to put tissue paper in front of the built in flash to soften it :bsmilie:

just gotten my pentax dual kit an hour ago... decided to take the plunge and defy all those around me and advised againt =)

exploration time. yeah

Yeh! Finally got my white Kx from Manly. So excited ;)
Hi bro... Congratzzz... Any idea if manly still hv stocks for white??
just gotten my pentax dual kit an hour ago... decided to take the plunge and defy all those around me and advised againt =)

exploration time. yeah
congratz to u too bro... Wat colour u got?? Where from??

Hey guys sorry i super noobie here. Can ask u all something? I went over to club yesterday and tried to take pic with auto and flash but the cam cant focus and i couldnt snap at all.... What do i have to do? Manuel??

How far were you from your subject?

Bro, give quek a call. He will advise u accordingly. U should have reserve a set from him. Any bro able to advise quek no?

sadly dual kit only black, max range 300mm.. wont mind a "stormtrooper" if they have it in twin kit.
got it from slr rev.... no drop in prices even after weeks of torment trying to decide ;p

sadly dual kit only black, max range 300mm.. wont mind a "stormtrooper" if they have it in twin kit.
got it from slr rev.... no drop in prices even after weeks of torment trying to decide ;p

haha..u can get the white single kit then buy the lens separately :bsmilie: