Finally gotten my K-x

Bro, give quek a call. He will advise u accordingly. U should have reserve a set from him. Any bro able to advise quek no?

6325 4868. I got a white pentax and 50-200 from him on 1st May too. Way too kind to reserve it for me over a phone call I made oversea :thumbsup:

I heard that cameras from Nikon can focus even in low light ?:dunno:

Not because of better AF system, but because of the focus assist lamp that even their entry levels have. The K-x can use the builtin flash for focus assist.

Pentax AF is slower than C n N

You will need a proper flash to take pictures. The other way is to increase your ISO to 1600 or higher

Lol any flash to recommend? How much are these flashes?

Hi xRARAx

For your K-x you paid $782? at SLR?
May I know is this a dual lenses kit price and what is the one beside the std 18-55mm & what focal length?

Thankyou

Lol any flash to recommend? How much are these flashes?

Manual ones can get from artworkfoto in mass sales from $35-$100
Auto ones can get from shops(SLRR/OP/Manly) from $300-$500+

sorry my bad. didnt see the dedicated thread on the rainbow k-x.

anyway, i'm new at CS. thinking of picking up photography and pondering getting between a semi pro (LX3) or an entry level dslr (K-x).

Hope to get some advice for a newbie like me. Thanks in advance. :D

sorry my bad. didnt see the dedicated thread on the rainbow k-x.

anyway, i'm new at CS. thinking of picking up photography and pondering getting between a semi pro (LX3) or an entry level dslr (K-x).

Hope to get some advice for a newbie like me. Thanks in advance. :D

I just got my kx couple of months back and my sis got the lx3 at the same time. Did a comparison and found that taking picture picture with a dslr and a semi-pro is a totally experience.

No doubt the lx3 is more compact and packs a punch in a small package and it's a wonderful semi-pro where you can literally focus 1 cm away from your subject which is good for macro shots. But when you are serious in photography, you are looking into a system where you want the flexibility to upgrade your gear to suit different needs. Take for example our recent trip to the Zoo, my sister was frustrated with the limitation of the lx3 compared to my kx as I have the versatility to switch to a telephoto lens to do close up shots of the animal while all that she could do is to take a landscape shots of the animal in the encampment. I got another DA35mm macro lens just to take macro shots and it's also my general walk about lens when I want to travel light.

Ask yourself what kind of photography you will be going into and the choice will be obvious.

I got another DA35mm macro lens just to take macro shots and it's also my general walk about lens when I want to travel light.
obvious.

I feel like getting the 35mm macro ltd but feel that the 100mm macro wr is better ...
although the 35 is more versatile the 100 has wr ...
but still have to get a constant f2.8 zoom too ! ...:sweatsm:

I just got my kx couple of months back and my sis got the lx3 at the same time. Did a comparison and found that taking picture picture with a dslr and a semi-pro is a totally experience.

No doubt the lx3 is more compact and packs a punch in a small package and it's a wonderful semi-pro where you can literally focus 1 cm away from your subject which is good for macro shots. But when you are serious in photography, you are looking into a system where you want the flexibility to upgrade your gear to suit different needs. Take for example our recent trip to the Zoo, my sister was frustrated with the limitation of the lx3 compared to my kx as I have the versatility to switch to a telephoto lens to do close up shots of the animal while all that she could do is to take a landscape shots of the animal in the encampment. I got another DA35mm macro lens just to take macro shots and it's also my general walk about lens when I want to travel light.

Ask yourself what kind of photography you will be going into and the choice will be obvious.

thanks for the advice. would u be able to provide some pics of kx and lx3 to do a comparison? thanks!

I feel like getting the 35mm macro ltd but feel that the 100mm macro wr is better ...
although the 35 is more versatile the 100 has wr ...
but still have to get a constant f2.8 zoom too ! ...:sweatsm:

Are you a dedicated insect macro shooter? I think that's the real reason to get the DFA100mm WR cos of the longer working distance. I chose the DA35 cos it's almost a 50mm FF equivalent with the versatility of doing macro shots when I least expected it :) 2 very different lenses i can say.

End of the day you must ask yourself what do you shoot more often :)