Film users: Dynax 7 or 9 better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecclesiasm

May 3, 2003
Bedok
marvinlee.multiply.com
Minolta film users,

What is your take on these 2 great cameras?

Functionality-wise, looks like Dynax 7 is better s it's newer?

Any comments appreciated!

TIA :lovegrin:

7 D is semi pro camera body, it got the function "D" for flash if the photographer is poor on controlling the flash collectly( must use with "D" lenses too) many buttons for quick changing.

9D is a pro camera body, weather seal proof, build to last a long time, very good if yr are going overseas offen, heavy , cannot work with SSM unless u send them in for recalibe.

personally, both are very very nice camera.

9 has 100% viewfinder and 7 has a lot of function.

Not so much issue with SSM compatibility, because SSM lens come with an upgrade thing for Dynax 9.

Have both if you have money. If not, Dynax 7 is great.

Hart

Been using my Dynax 7 for the past 2 years, and I can swear by it's great performance! :) Everything u want for in a camera is there. In fact, there are so many functions I don't even get to use all of them.

Funcions for D7 and D9 almost on par. I've never used a D9 so I can't really comment on its functionalities. What I see as the main difference is the metal body for D9 - more pro, but heavier as well. Can die lah....if I were to tug it along for a full-day shoot.

vivientan said:
Been using my Dynax 7 for the past 2 years, and I can swear by it's great performance! :) Everything u want for in a camera is there. In fact, there are so many functions I don't even get to use all of them.

Funcions for D7 and D9 almost on par. I've never used a D9 so I can't really comment on its functionalities. What I see as the main difference is the metal body for D9 - more pro, but heavier as well. Can die lah....if I were to tug it along for a full-day shoot.

i think the grip on the D7 is better than the D9... *just imho... just felt D9 was abit too smooth...

D7 also got a bigger LCD screen rite... then have sensor grip?*D9 got anot?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i think the grip on the D7 is better than the D9... *just imho... just felt D9 was abit too smooth...

D7 also got a bigger LCD screen rite... then have sensor grip?*D9 got anot?

Yup.. D9 has it too..

actually, D9 is easier to grip as as it has bigger grip as compare to D7. I always put the VC-7 on my D7. but with D9, i don't need one.

Function wise, they are very similar. If I had to choose one, I will definately go for 9. but if budget is constrain D7 is great.

Hart

Agetan said:
Yup.. D9 has it too..

actually, D9 is easier to grip as as it has bigger grip as compare to D7. I always put the VC-7 on my D7. but with D9, i don't need one.

Function wise, they are very similar. If I had to choose one, I will definately go for 9. but if budget is constrain D7 is great.

Hart

how much is a D9 titanium 1 cost? hehe... if who knows 1 day get into fight, it might just save my life... :bsmilie:

Hi,

I know this is not buy and sell, but if anyone interested in a mint condition Dynax 7, with lenses and accesories (vert grip, flash etc), can pm me for more info. Great camera for the price, IMHO. I had actually considered the Dynax 9 before, but the price differential is too much. For the money, the price/performance ratio of the D7 is really fantastic and too good to be true.

Jimbo

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
jimbo

pm me wat u selling... thanks

Hi,

You have pm...

Jimbo :)

Dynax 7 has travelled with me quite a bit in a variety of weather conditions except freezing and sandy conditions. So despite the absence of weather seals, it seems to be doing well. Of course, its lighter and smaller than D9.

I haven't used D9 before, so can't do direct comparison, but I love my D7. ;)

yeocolin said:
Dynax 7 has travelled with me quite a bit in a variety of weather conditions except freezing and sandy conditions. So despite the absence of weather seals, it seems to be doing well. Of course, its lighter and smaller than D9.

I haven't used D9 before, so can't do direct comparison, but I love my D7. ;)

9D is so solid, i think can kill a crab if u knock one with it...
:bheart: :bheart:

GENO said:
9D is so solid, i think can kill a crab if u knock one with it...
:bheart: :bheart:

Yes, the Dynax 9 was my dream camera. Unfortunately, I can only afford a Dynax 7 a few years ago, which in itself was a dream to use.

I now reluctantly put my mint and underutilised Dynax 7 in the Buy and Sell for sale..... :(

I was in KM service center yesterday...

I ask them how many dynax 9 do they fix in the last 10 years, and the answer shock me...

they fix 6 shutters (after long used) and few minor adjustment...

Interesting isn't it? so far, mine hasn't break down for last 5 or 6 years.. but touch wood lar..

Hart

Agetan said:
I was in KM service center yesterday...

I ask them how many dynax 9 do they fix in the last 10 years, and the answer shock me...

they fix 6 shutters (after long used) and few minor adjustment...

Interesting isn't it? so far, mine hasn't break down for last 5 or 6 years.. but touch wood lar..

Hart
That's really amazing. I will miss the Minolta brand. Great innovators. With Sony I doubt if they'll produce film cameras.

Ben1223 said:
That's really amazing. I will miss the Minolta brand. Great innovators. With Sony I doubt if they'll produce film cameras.

no need to doubt liao... i am afraid that with sony, we dun even know where to fix our film camera... :angry:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
no need to doubt liao... i am afraid that with sony, we dun even know where to fix our film camera... :angry:

Luckilly, for those who are in Sydney, or Australia at least, the KM Service center will simply become a Sony service center. So that regards, I know I am in safe hand...

I can't praise enough for KM service agent in Sydney... They are just as passionate about Minolta gear as we all are...

Having a chat with them, they are worried about the fact that Sony might not produce lenses that the same quality as Minolta.

They also mentioned that Minolta tend to build something last a whole lot longer so they don't have to repair it..

Repair work is really minimal for them...

Anyway, I am on my quest collecting most prime lenses and good zoom lenses from minolta...

Anyone selling their good prime lens? 35mm f2, 100mm f2, 24mm f2 or f2.8?

urgg... if i know this I won't sell some of my lenses... anyway...

Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.