Feeling inferior when using a P&S in the face of DSLRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it shld b safe to blame the BBB virus on equipment envy. Inevitable since we r human afterall. As many had pointed out, it's e end product dat counts. :)

i'm ashamed to report that i din go to the front of the stage cos that was where all the DSLR toting photogs were. I just sat in my seat in the 4th row and snapped away. :embrass:

Then it's your fault... you were shy... dun be... getting that shot of your CO is most important. Dun care abt the others with DSLR, really, must be thick skin. You need to just put that thought away, go to the front, quickly snap the photo of your CO shaking hand with the prize giver & then go back to your place. tat shot is most important to you.

Yup, it would be more difficult for a PnS without external flash to handle the issue.

seriously u all trying to bluff threadstarter, from his description he was obviously shooting in quite a challenging environment....
TS u shooting indoor isszit?

Last edited by a moderator:
more important is the resulting image instead of the size of the gear

if your image is good and you only use a P&S, you should be proud of yourself
especially if you compare with images from pro gear.

There's a saying: if you can't beat them, then join them!! :bsmilie:

It's the person behind the camera.

The camera is just a tool.

i strongly agree with this!!! have you checked out the post from a bro here using a 3.2 megapixel cellphone cam? shots and compositions are very good... i bet your p n s have more pixels and modes to use than a cellphone cam... in the end, it's the person behind the cam that matters, not the cam... i still have my sony sdhc h3... just want to share a shot, it might not be very good (not a pro here), but the point is, this is from a p n s.

at_work1.jpg

am stil using my p n s til now, side by side with my lomofisheye and D5000.

No the problem is not about how good one skills are. This thread has nothing to proof but a man's bravado hurt.:bsmilie:

Both the cam and the person matters in the final output of a photograph. However, if you are talking about composition ALONE, then yes, the cam makes no difference, because the camera cannot compose for you.

Lenses MAY make some difference in composition :)

i strongly agree with this!!! have you checked out the post from a bro here using a 3.2 megapixel cellphone cam? shots and compositions are very good... i bet your p n s have more pixels and modes to use than a cellphone cam... in the end, it's the person behind the cam that matters, not the cam... i still have my sony sdhc h3... just want to share a shot, it might not be very good (not a pro here), but the point is, this is from a p n s.am stil using my p n s til now, side by side with my lomofisheye and D5000.

Was speaking to my boss in the office today and yesterday's event came up. Apparently he was expecting my to bring a DSLR to the event when i told him that i was bringing my own camera. When he saw my cam, he stunned and din say anything else.

Dunno want to cry or laugh.

Was speaking to my boss in the office today and yesterday's event came up. Apparently he was expecting my to bring a DSLR to the event when i told him that i was bringing my own camera. When he saw my cam, he stunned and din say anything else.

good! he dont have that much expectation so easier for you to deliver

Aiya, next time ask him to BBB for you lor :angel:.

"The photo is only as good as the skill of the photographer."

Did u see me mention "equipment" above?

P&S cameras are designed for certain usage, so are DSLR... There are also many well known photographers using P&S to gain fame because of their works. Pointless to say P&S is inferior and I think some image quality is just as good as DSLR. Need to know what is needed, your own preference and which equipment to use in specific environment. Just like some cameras produce more vibrant colours but never come close to reality,some people will simply not like it or even condemn the color as fake. There are 5 scenarios and is applicable in everything, including photography or passing judgement on others :
1) Don't know that we don't know - hopeless
2) Don't know that we know - surprises, excitement or talent ???
3) Know that we don't know - read up, ask,search google,take more pics to improve
4) know that we know - damn boring in life and can become arrogant
5) lastly pretend that we know when we don't know - highest form of self deception :bsmilie:
Just bought a P&S, even though I have DSLR and definitley need it for the kind of environment that I need to take pics of. Why bother about other's opinions ? One lesson learn,avoid judgemental characters, you'll be alot happier.

First of all, do you even know y your photos got blurred? If you do, then you'll understand why DSLR/PNS doesn't matter alot.

Aiya, next time ask him to BBB for you lor :angel:.

my superiors all very funny one. Expect big gun equipment but keep say the unit can't buy. So the serviceman gotta have his own. In my case, i don't have. So i also LPPL.

"The photo is only as good as the skill of the photographer."

Did u see me mention "equipment" above?

i get what you mean.. :sweat: So i'm starting to doubt my 'skill' now.. :bsmilie:

let me sum up what the seniors are trying to say...

you would never win a race even if i give u a ferrari if you cant drive. :sweatsm:

polish up your skill n know your gear, you could be able to win the race one day even with a suzuki 800. :lovegrin:

let me sum up what the seniors are trying to say...

you would never win a race even if i give u a ferrari if you cant drive. :sweatsm:

polish up your skill n know your gear, you could be able to win the race one day even with a suzuki 800. :lovegrin:

umm... can I add a little bit... quite applicable in this case.

Ferrari or Suzuki 800... drive at nite better on head lite. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.