Feedback on posting timeout ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanKhoo

Apr 6, 2008
Hi there,

I have this irritating problem ....

Why is there a function to log me out if I take too long to post ? When I wanted to post in B&S, I usually need more time to type so as the information is correct. Furthermore, there is a lot of info being asked but any typo cannot be edited and corrected.

So many a time, when I finished typing and click the send button, I will be logged out ! Why the system auto log me out ?

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi there,

I have this irritating problem ....

Why is there a function to log me out if I take too long to post ? When I wanted to post in B&S, I usually need more time to type so as the information is correct. Furthermore, there is a lot of info being asked but any typo cannot be edited and corrected.

So many a time, when I finished typing and click the send button, I will be logged out ! Why the system auto log me out ?

Thank you

How long you take to compose a classified thread?

How long you take to compose a classified thread?
Quite long ... at least a few minutes !

Anyway, what's the reason to impose a posting timeout ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Quite long ... at least a few minutes !

Anyway, what's the reason to impose a posting timeout ?

Thanks

This is the first time I hear about there is time out in posting in personal classified section, and I have not encounter this before.
I really not sure is there a time out function, maybe there is, but I'm sure it is good for security reason.

So I unable to post a reply until I done the test on my own, you can see my latest postings of my test, http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/search.php?searchid=13616620

I open 10 pages of personal classified simultaneously, one from each brands section, the first thread was posted 10 minutes after it open, then the rest of the threads were posted at a 5 minutes interval with the help of using the timer app of my phone, so the last thread was posted 55 minutes after the page opened. And I successfully posted 10 test threads, none of the pages encounter time out.

Anyway, since I successfully post the page after it opened for 55 mins, I guess this is a none issue for most members.
If you need longer time to conpose a personal classified thread, you can try compose the text body in testing thread of Garbage & Testing section, and you can take whatever time you needed to check all the information is correct.
there are 15 fields in personal classified post new thread page, only 9 fields are mandatory, copy and paste your text from the testing post into these fields will not take much time.

hope this help.

TS, check your ID login. Did you check "Remember me"?

Status
Not open for further replies.