fake lens?

there is no such thing as a fake filter if it works as a filter.

same for grip, same for batteries...

fake food = plastic food
fake fish = plastic fish
fake telephone = telephone that doesn't work

does it mean no fake iphone if I can use it to call someone??:think:
no fake louis vuitton if I can stuff my things inside?:think:

Last edited:
does it mean no fake iphone if I can use it to call someone??:think:
no fake louis vuitton if I can stuff my things inside?:think:

that's different, if someone wants to make an imitation canon lens and pass it off as one, i think they are being very silly.

i think for the most part, for battery grips and batteries and the like, the third party makers usually just put a brand name to it, separate from canon/nikon, etc.

what you're talking about is brand names, it is different from the item, duhhhhh. just like how having a fake human (e.g. mannequin, blowup doll) is quite different from passing yourself off as bill clinton, for example.

Last edited:
hey guys.. im new here.. was wondering if there is such thing as FAKE lens exist as there are so many fake accessories.. and if i have deal with the buyer.. how could i ensure that the lens is in good condition? i mean if there is some problem with the internal part of the lens or what i couldnt notice it right away right..

I think there are fake lenses. I came across this short news article in page 7 Amateur Photographer July 17 2010 issue that Canon Europe seized fake lenses worth half a million British Pounds during a raid in Manchester. I think they found both Pentax and Canon lenses during the raid.