FA50mm f1.4

I dont like rectangular hoods.
Looks strange.... LOLS

Rectangular hoods look very cool! :) But you can't use CPL-filter with it.
Which hood did you buy?

Best hood of them all is the made in China metal ones. The one pictured on the FA 50mm is the same as the second eBay link posted by joycegian. Cheap, good, deep and has a matt black finish on the inner side and guess what... based on actual testing, even with a filter and shooting at f/1.4, there is NO VIGNETTING. The 58mm lens cap that comes free with the hood fits perfectly too. :thumbsup: The worst hood imo is a rubber one because it is only a matter of time that the rubber cracks and breaks at the folds. Had it happen so many times that it is a real waste of time, not to mention money. No real physical protection too and putting on the front cap is fiddly.

IMGP4656copy.jpg

Is this the same?
http://cgi.ebay.com/130414942680

You mention 58 mm lens cap but this one has 52 mm...

Filters are meant to be placed on the lenses not on the hoods . . . .
That's right and if you rotate CPL, the hood rotates also which is a problem if the hood's not round.

nope . the one show on picture is another Tele type. The ebay one is the shorter type .

Thanks man. Would you have a link for the right one? Can't seem to find it and that's a bit weird because I search with the option "any countyry/region" but no... :think:

Thanks man. Would you have a link for the right one? Can't seem to find it and that's a bit weird because I search with the option "any countyry/region" but no... :think:

I bought the wrong one too :(

Lucky a very very helpful guy help me to get the correct hood .

who ?

Of cos our dear Mr Feng Wei . lol

Still looking for the right hood...

I just ordered a 49mm metal hood with 58mm front diameter. It's 43mm long, including the thread mount. I hope this is The One! :D

I just bought SMC-F 50mm. Had same problem as TS but luckily advice given to her worked for me too :D:D

i think i bought the wrong one too..49mm + 52mm lens cap :(

Another can post the link of the correct hood?

Last edited:
i think i bought the wrong one too..49mm + 52mm lens cap :(

Another can post the link of the correct hood?

Seems okay to me, FA50 have 49mm filter thread, 52mm cover is supposed to be the cover in the far end of the lens hood.

Seems okay to me, FA50 have 49mm filter thread, 52mm cover is supposed to be the cover in the far end of the lens hood.

phew..thanks.Cos i see recommended is like 58mm at the end.

phew..thanks.Cos i see recommended is like 58mm at the end.

I think you bought the shorter one . Not say wrong .... but actually our FA 50 can use a much longer hood in crop sensor ....

The longer hood that dennis mention come with a 58mm cap :)

I think you bought the shorter one . Not say wrong .... but actually our FA 50 can use a much longer hood in crop sensor ....

The longer hood that dennis mention come with a 58mm cap :)

woo..so dennis and simon, where can i get the longer one? cant find it at ebay.:dunno:
tks :)

Hi

i'm planning to buy a filter to protect my FA50 but dono which to buy, UV Filter or polarizing filter? which brand to buy? i was quoted B+W UV Filter @ $98. After installation the filter can i still screw the hood on? :embrass:

Thanks for help

Hi

i'm planning to buy a filter to protect my FA50 but dono which to buy, UV Filter or polarizing filter? which brand to buy? i was quoted B+W UV Filter @ $98. After installation the filter can i still screw the hood on? :embrass:

Thanks for help

If you are talking about the 49mm china made black round hood, yes you can :)