FA50mm f1.4

With free shipping and comes to your mailbox in 2 weeks it is a good buy . . . i am happily using mine . . . :lovegrin:

Yup, I've just ordered.

Thanks felixcat8888 for the reccomendation!

I've just recieved it today!
And YES, the Original Lens cap will still fit. :D

Btw, Whats the top to open and then there's a hole for?

It's to allow you to turn your CPL filter easily even with the hood on, wonderful feature if you're using a CPL. The hood is supposed to be fitted such that it opens at the bottom so that your left hand can access the opening easily while supporting the lens, and also so that you're not letting stray light in from the top.

It's to allow you to turn your CPL filter easily even with the hood on, wonderful feature if you're using a CPL. The hood is supposed to be fitted such that it opens at the bottom so that your left hand can access the opening easily while supporting the lens, and also so that you're not letting stray light in from the top.

Sorry, What's CPL?

circular polarizing filter

The FA50 suffers from chromatic aberration easily, so a hood for it is a must. Having a hood also improves contrast in bright light significantly.

The FA50 suffers from chromatic aberration easily, so a hood for it is a must. Having a hood also improves contrast in bright light significantly.

A hood improves contrast, but does nothing for CA. :nono: CA occurs due to dispersion in the glass, leading to different focusing point for different colours, stray light entering the lens that does not form images will not make it any better or worse.

Eh.. Have googled this before.
But still don't understand what is it for.... ;p
haha.. as a lady i'm sure u know wat's a polarising sunglasses are for right?

haha.. as a lady i'm sure u know wat's a polarising sunglasses are for right?

ER... I don't know. LOLS
OMG, I feel like a idiot.
But I seriously have no idea!

ER... I don't know. LOLS

Its nearly the same as how your wear sunglasses lor. CPL will make the blue sky becoming prominent etc. It is use to cut thru reflection.

ER... I don't know. LOLS

Well, to put it simply, a polariser can help cut reflections and cut glare, which is why sunglasses use them. Used correctly on a camera, can also make the sky bluer and leaves greener, and help see through glass and water surfaces more clearly. But must pay a price one, you'll lose at least half the light, so shutter speed will be slower.