Exchange D600 for D610

Not sure if this is happening in SG or Asia.

Not sure if this is happening in SG or Asia.

You are right, mainly Europe and US and also:
Case by case' is the important phrase here. We'd be very surprised if it was standard policy to replace dusty D600 bodies with D610s

in any case it is commendable of Nikon.

Hmm this thread is quite misleading.

"Nikon Inc., is committed to serving the needs of our customers. All our customer service inquiries are handled on a case-by-case basis."
"It was standard policy to replace dusty D600 bodies with D610s, but it's not impossible that if the problems with any given camera are so severe as to make conventional cleaning or repair uneconomical, a swap-out might make sense."

So the case will be handled case by case by Nikon. Only if cleaning / repair is not economical, Nikon will replace D600 with D610 (If you have warranty from Nikon US or Europe and send it to US or Europe for repair). Unfortunatelly, Nikon Asia never say anything about this swap.

Last edited:
Hope nikon will do the same for Asia market which is growing up every year

Hope nikon will do the same for Asia market which is growing up every year

We just need a great influencer and local hero who can convince them.

I already tried once with Nikon Customer Services. Got rebuffed by their marketing manager, say that the new shutter for D600 is exactly the same as the D610 one, so no reason for them to change to D610 for me. But that was like 3 months ago. Anyone wanna try his/her luck with NSC again and see wad they say?

I already tried once with Nikon Customer Services. Got rebuffed by their marketing manager, say that the new shutter for D600 is exactly the same as the D610 one, so no reason for them to change to D610 for me. But that was like 3 months ago. Anyone wanna try his/her luck with NSC again and see wad they say?

The grounds will be much stronger now.

Forget it don't waste your time. Customer service at NSC is zero to nil. I have given up! A long time Nikon user i was complaining to them how my transition from D700 to D600 was such a pain. My lenses all back focus on the D600 and even after calibration still it's cranky. Even manual lenses 50mm f1.2 base on the Autofocus dot. It's always back focus!

Sending in Nikon told me they are within specs. I told them its clearly off focus, and even provided them photos and they told me its my lenses issue. I have been using them on the D700 D3 D50 D80 all with no issues but only the 2 D600 that i bought. Afterwich i told them it's okay. It'll be the last Nikon DSLR i will get at least for awhile..

Sold it and got a Sony A7 and guess what? my nikon lenses work perfect fine on the Sony A7 with all focus in focus.
I am glad I am done with this D600 bullshit and them secretly selling the D610 while discontinuing the D600.

Forget it don't waste your time. Customer service at NSC is zero to nil. I have given up! A long time Nikon user i was complaining to them how my transition from D700 to D600 was such a pain. My lenses all back focus on the D600 and even after calibration still it's cranky. Even manual lenses 50mm f1.2 base on the Autofocus dot. It's always back focus!

Sending in Nikon told me they are within specs. I told them its clearly off focus, and even provided them photos and they told me its my lenses issue. I have been using them on the D700 D3 D50 D80 all with no issues but only the 2 D600 that i bought. Afterwich i told them it's okay. It'll be the last Nikon DSLR i will get at least for awhile..

Sold it and got a Sony A7 and guess what? my nikon lenses work perfect fine on the Sony A7 with all focus in focus.
I am glad I am done with this D600 bullshit and them secretly selling the D610 while discontinuing the D600.

Hmm using Nikon lens with Sony A7 and all focus in focus ? Of course, because you do manual focus (e.g. focus peaking).
If you used Nikon lens with your Nikon D600 and shot manual focus (using your eyeball), I believed it would be in focus as well.

I think the Autofocus of your D600 set require calibration.

Hmm using Nikon lens with Sony A7 and all focus in focus ? Of course, because you do manual focus (e.g. focus peaking).
If you used Nikon lens with your Nikon D600 and shot manual focus (using your eyeball), I believed it would be in focus as well.

Yeah, for a minute, it got me too. I thought Metabones has just released an auto focus adapter :D

Yeah, for a minute, it got me too. I thought Metabones has just released an auto focus adapter :D

Unfortunately, at this moment there is no such a 3rd party adapter supporting Nikon AF-D/AF-S lens with auto focus.

Lucky still have 3rd party lens with auto focus for Nikon mount :bsmilie:

Ha ha. Not that I want one. Nothing beats Nikon glass on a Nikon body :))))

I told NSC also but they told me all within specs!! but its quite obviously its a back focus. I didnt' wanna quarrel with them. wasting my time. Just quite disappointed. That is over and done with.

Anyway, nikon Sh*t all of us over and come out with a D610 quietly so what more can you expect? The D600 is discontinued just like that.

I don't think MF with D600 can be any better experience than MF with A7. First, the focusing screen sux, no focusing aids like microprism/split-image, not even for Df which was touted to be created for nostalgia. Second, alignment, note that there are 3 light paths in the mirrorbox. One to the AF sensor, one to the focusing screen and another to the imaging sensor. It is painful to align them precisely. It's not any better with the pro bodies either. Yes, the 3 light paths are better aligned but what can be more accurate than focusing using the imaging sensor itself?

If indeed Nikon is replacing the D600 with the D610 in Europe and USA, will there be a case for local owners to seek a recourse through the Consumer Association (CASE)? This D600 dust episode has shaken my trust in Nikon. BTW I do not own a D600.

If indeed Nikon is replacing the D600 with the D610 in Europe and USA, will there be a case for local owners to seek a recourse through the Consumer Association (CASE)? This D600 dust episode has shaken my trust in Nikon. BTW I do not own a D600.

Invoke the Lemon Law?

Invoke the Lemon Law?

Yup! Extract on Lemon Law below. Any expert can comment on this?

Under the Lemon Law, if a defect is detected within 6 months, it is presumed that the defect existed at the time of sale or delivery and the lemon law provisions apply, unless the seller can prove otherwise,or if such a presumption is incompatible with the nature of the goods (for example, perishables and food are not expected to last beyond their normal shelf lives.) Beyond 6 months, consumers can still seek remedies but they will need to bear the burden of proving that the defect existed at the time of delivery.

Yup! Extract on Lemon Law below. Any expert can comment on this?

Under the Lemon Law, if a defect is detected within 6 months, it is presumed that the defect existed at the time of sale or delivery and the lemon law provisions apply, unless the seller can prove otherwise,or if such a presumption is incompatible with the nature of the goods (for example, perishables and food are not expected to last beyond their normal shelf lives.) Beyond 6 months, consumers can still seek remedies but they will need to bear the burden of proving that the defect existed at the time of delivery.

Tried that before on Nikon during the email exchange to Nikon Customer Services. Their response is that Lemon Law cannot be invoked from the user side, because the seller (Nikon Singapore) still deems the D600 as repairable. Only during the event when Nikon Singapore deems the product as beyond repair then the exchange and refund policy can kick into place, according to the order set out by Lemon Law.