Error 01 -- how long was servicing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newsboy

Mar 29, 2004
I am experiencing "Err 01" with my 100-400. Cleaned the contacts but it still happens (intermittently). All my other lenses are ok -- so likely not the body at fault. Just wanna know, for those who have experienced the same and who have sent your lens to Canon, how long did they take to service it? Its just that i can't do without it for too long. Thanks in advance.

For those experiencing the same, just thought you would like to know that servicing takes about a week. Cheers!

Canon has reported that the lens IS is thrashed -- and my lens is only 4 months old (it has never been abused/dropped/knocked whatsoever)?!!! Furthermore, the spare IS component will take 2 weeks to arrive from Japan!!! Sianzzz... Have requested for a loan unit -- let's see what they come up with.

Shucks, thought they would lend me the 300/2.8 or 400/2.8 :D but instead I got the 70-200/2.8 IS+1.4x TC...just barely enough to get my "job" done during the next 2 weeks. Keep you guys posted on the final fix...

Newsboy said:
Shucks, thought they would lend me the 300/2.8 or 400/2.8 :D but instead I got the 70-200/2.8 IS+1.4x TC...just barely enough to get my "job" done during the next 2 weeks. Keep you guys posted on the final fix...

Well, 300 & 400/2.8 is a lot more expensive that the 100-400... :p

So, be glad with what they t-loan you lah.

Yeah, it was wishful thinking on my part -- and they probably guessed I wouldn't return it eventually ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.