Epson CX4100 / RX530

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkishy

Dec 29, 2003
Singapore, Opera Estate
Posted in the wrong forum earlier on..

Trying to buy a 'all-in-one' printer.. with scanner and all..

Mind boggling.. so many models out there! Wonder if anyone has tried the EPSON Photo RX530 printer?

Is it any good? Seems like this model is the same as the CX4100, except that it scans negatives..

The price of CX4100 is now $198 (foc. 1 black cartridge & 1 pack of glossy paper or something)

Price of RX530 is $358 (no foc stuff)

IT fair coming up..should i wait? Any advise? I'm so totally lost.. :dunno:

ah i had almost the same dilemma as u. was thinking between rx510 or the rx530. finally decided on the 510. since im mostly a film user, the scanning feature is rather impt. ive seen the printouts from the scanned negatives n its quite gd. but if ure not into scanning negatives or slides then the cx4100 is a cheaper choice. hmm but im not too sure abt the specs though. u can always go down to sim lim ans ask for a demo and a print out. hope that helps a little. cheers!! :)

I'm also planning to get an AIO and have narrowed down to the CX4100 and HP PSC 1610. Seem to prefer the CX4100, as it comes with individual ink cartridges. Each ink cartridge seems small in size and in capacity/volume as compare to the HP. Is this value for $$?

Also understand from feedback that the epson printer's nossle get clogged up easily if not use regularly. Any comments from Epson users?

since63 said:
I'm also planning to get an AIO and have narrowed down to the CX4100 and HP PSC 1610. Seem to prefer the CX4100, as it comes with individual ink cartridges. Each ink cartridge seems small in size and in capacity/volume as compare to the HP. Is this value for $$?

Also understand from feedback that the epson printer's nossle get clogged up easily if not use regularly. Any comments from Epson users?

Crap.. it does get clogged up easily ?!?! :bigeyes: really having a headache over this.

However, i have a piece of advice... maybe you can consider the EPSON 510 instead of 530
(i just saw in the papers an offer for 510!) reason being.. the 510 and 530 is similar.. but the 510's scanning resolution is way better than the 530.

For Epson.. my friend told me it uses 'crystalization'..so if burns ink very quickly :cry:

Pinkishy said:
Crap.. it does get clogged up easily ?!?! :bigeyes: really having a headache over this.

However, i have a piece of advice... maybe you can consider the EPSON 510 instead of 530
(i just saw in the papers an offer for 510!) reason being.. the 510 and 530 is similar.. but the 510's scanning resolution is way better than the 530.

For Epson.. my friend told me it uses 'crystalization'..so if burns ink very quickly :cry:

How bad?

My previous and only experience with Epson printer 3 years ago had been good. Although the printer has not been used too often it hardly ever "clogged up".

Understand that the 510 range is better but am looking for a smaller AIO. The HP PSC 1610 is selling at $239 in AppleCentre@Orchard (usual price around $279). Still like the individual ink cartridge printer but will have to consider the 1610 as it has a better scanner than the CX4100 and its also smaller. Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.