Engineers making $0.62 million!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should change it to "ALL foreign president". Not seen any other president getting more than 1mil/yr.

I think Indonesia's president getting more than 1mil /yr... But in Rupiah... :bsmilie:
So does Korea's... in won.

I'm surprised that NKF didn't make it up to the list. Maybe that was in last year's list.

Adding on to this..real politicians doesn't work for pay, they should work for the people..if they want a bigger or fatter pay package, just go to private sector..the door is always open..

The most "too lan" part is that there's this comment in Today:
"Ministers job are not permanent... they have election every 5 yrs..."

Make it sound like some appraisal every 5 years... Got "white clothes" Ministers kenna retrenched before meh?

why yall quarrel over engineer's pay? engineer how to earn .62million? i dun think PE also can smell .62 million

the reason why the article is published this way is simple

they want to justify paying ministers CRAZY out of this world amounts. dun u realise that always happens?

when they raise GST, the news paper ran an article on foreigners coming to seek refugee in sg cuz the GST v low...

its ALL RUBBISH!!!!

i think im going to kena sue for this...

And I thought the main reason for raising GST is to help the poorer kindred raise their living standard.
Soo... Minsters = Poor???

WHAT ABOUT THE POOR AUNTIES AND UNCLES STAYING IN THOSE 1 RM RENTED HDBS??

I had exactly the same thoughts. There was a Mr Brown podcast on this very issue, it was damn funny. He pitched it like a sellavision ad on TV.....recruiting *** members, guarantee work, 30-days money back, confirm go in one, etc etc.

Make it sound like some appraisal every 5 years... Got "white clothes" Ministers kenna retrenched before meh?

Don't emo la. :( :(

one Doraemon, very peaceful and nice. The other is.. Buddha. How can be emo?

Why all so emo one. =(

Just saw the GST newsletter (giving info about the hike) issued by garmen in my letter box and had Today in my hands...

Newsletter saying GST to help our lower earning power fellows... and Today states ministers must increase pay... How not to be emo???

Even buddha also Hot already... 佛也发火

Offshore engineering pay is all the while good... but it does comes wit sacrifice... eg. the danger u faced and the long hours of working and coming home only once a few months kinda things...

Hiaz, nothing is good and cheap in this world....

I echo this...I work in the oil industry...pay is good but the job is dangerous with long hours, physically demanding under extreme weather conditions everyday (depending on where u work...imagine not wearing your gloves and tying some stuff for 15 mins in sub zero conditions or in the desert with over 40 celcius conditions)...plus staying overseas and sacrificing family time...theres a price to pay for everything...

I echo this...I work in the oil industry...pay is good but the job is dangerous with long hours, physically demanding under extreme weather conditions everyday (depending on where u work...imagine not wearing your gloves and tying some stuff for 15 mins in sub zero conditions or in the desert with over 40 celcius conditions)...plus staying overseas and sacrificing family time...theres a price to pay for everything...

i guess it all depends on the job scope. even those stay in office type, but in oil & gas, also earn obscene amount of money.

these are top earners in the profession.

please lah.. lawyers earning 4.29m?!? How come the typical lawyer doesn't even smell close to that amount?

other jobs also face uncertainties eg. retrenchments, outsourcing, etc

I don't know how they come with this figure. Maybe they talking engineer in high cost country like sweden, HK, alaska and North and south pole.
In reality are we that stupid to accept this figure.

Maybe should give them the benefit of doubt lar... look, even if they don’t publish their numbers or “excuses” or whatever and simply just go ahead with what they want …who can stop them? They are just being nice but unfortunately make people more TL … kekeke

Maybe should give them the benefit of doubt lar... look, even if they don’t publish their numbers or “excuses” or whatever and simply just go ahead with what they want …who can stop them? They are just being nice but unfortunately make people more TL … kekeke

Why everyone say Du Lan as Too Lan. =(

Bad sign:

where you go to university and you see so many engineering students. Even the exam for engine has to be taken in IMM or suntec city....

Other fac only needs to take the exam in the hall back at campus.

Only when you start working outside. You can just throw a stone anyway at Orchard and you will hit an engineer, they are a dime a dozen....cheap cheap....If you want to compete with FT, how to compete? They write $1800 for their expectations in the interview application form, HR looks at it....compares it to a local grad writing $2800. tell me.....easy choice...:dunno:

Plus FT HR loves because you know they are not job hoppers. I have seen FT Msc writing $1800, so even lower, because they just want to get into singapore, get the S-pass and bring their whole families to singapore. :sticktong

Plus FT HR loves because you know they are not job hoppers. I have seen FT Msc writing $1800, so even lower, because they just want to get into singapore, get the S-pass and bring their whole families to singapore. :sticktong
Boy, you are so wrong! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Boy, you are so wrong! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

am I? please so many FT engineers like to work in singapore because, singapore pays well, a malaysian can get double or triple what he can get at home. And this is just malaysians, we have the indonesians, philipinos, vietnamese, they can so much higher pay here then elsewhere. So they like to stay...plus they like to work over time. singaporean engineers are considered pampered.

why job hop? you still need to get your PR. A FT would rather work long hours, clock more OT and justify the PR application. singapore is clean, transportation is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.