Employ Singaporeans for what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
then PR should even feel more scarry, right ? .. since they dun receive the $, yet the govi will take also take more $$$ from them after the election.

u take PR has a discount on GST, transport, electricall bills....etc ??

But PR has the choice to go back their home country after making their bucks in Singapore.
If they are not happy, they also can move back to their home country.

What about Singaporeans? Move to Pulau Ubin?

for PRs, continual employment is a conditional for renewal of entry permit? i am not sure.

yes...but that is not cleary stated on anywhere. They review case by case..and give u a reason. Most of the PR who lost the job during 2001/2002 recession and went back to their home country, being rejected to get approval to renew their re-entry permit.

there are also other unwritten condition when applying for PR.

the point is that PR donot get free $, yet they also suffer
never ending cycles to fee/fare increase that you have to tackle everyday, every month if they work here.

admit that, citizen do enjoy much more than PR.

Then don't come lah. Why come here if there is no benefit.:think:

Stay in you country and earn lesser salaries, how? Just like those Singaporeans who earn lesser and lesser due to higher cost of living, furthermore, they cant' go back to a country with a lower cost of living at the end of the day, like many Malaysians PRs are doing now.

The fact that you come here means that you have already weighed the pros & cons of your working here. Isn't it so?

But PR has the choice to go back their home country after making their bucks in Singapore.
If they are not happy, they also can move back to their home country.

What about Singaporeans? Move to Pulau Ubin?

singaporean has the choice wat. if they are not happy, they can

1) become PR of other countries...
2) work in other countries..come back Singapore after making their bucks in other countries
3) stay put in the home countries
4) become citizen of other countries..

Let's say all employers/companies replaced all Singaporeans with foreigners, and their manpower costs drops by half or even 70%. So, they may make more $$$ according to their plan.

How are the Singaporeans going to feed themselves if they have no job? Who then are the customers going to pay/buy the companies products/services now. Prices of these goods/products/services must go down becos all these foreigners pay not as high cannot afford.

This is a vicous cycle. Lowering of costs is the LAST thing, not the FIRST thing coporate must do. To think garment uses this strategy is going to damage/kill everybody including their familes' lives. Again, typical Chinese selfish mentality, shun ren hai ji.

Exactly, Singapore is killing its own people. You think those China PRs want to become Singaporeans? This is a delusion of the government. Who want to stay in a little red dot with all the uncertainties in its future?

All are here mainly for the cash. Nothing else.:bigeyes:

Errr.. JB to Tuas via 2nd link shorter than Habourfront to Loyang. :bsmilie:

I have car. let me drive u from JB to tuas via 2nd link and also from harbour front to Loyang.
and u could take down the time required.

I would say JB to tuas take longer time. and much more costly (toll, and milege)

Let bet for a D2Xs or 1DMII if u are Canon user.

Stay in you country and earn lesser salaries, how? Just like those Singaporeans who earn lesser and lesser due to higher cost of living, furthermore, they cant' go back to a country with a lower cost of living at the end of the day, like many Malaysians PRs are doing now.

The fact that you come here means that you have already weighed the pros & cons of your working here. Isn't it so?

Yo, I second your opinion. :thumbsup:
Just to add a little S$1 : RM2.3, S$1 : RMB5, if the ratio is 1:1 think they will come. I DON'T .

2) work in other countries..come back Singapore after making their bucks in other countries

Which countries in the vicinity that accept singaporeans as PR? :bsmilie:

yes..u are right..PR come here for money.. To work for money...What;s wrong to get reward if you contribute your skill force ?

Face it that...PR live here....Singapore live here. They both bear the high living cost.

wHat is the argument point that PR enjoy better life here...?

if u think that way, u can consider give up Singapore citizenship. then get a job in singapore and apply PR...

1) To become PR of other countries is not easy... take the USA Green Card for eg. You have to live there for numerous years before you qualify (unless you win the green card lottery). And to live and work there, you need a valid visa w/ sponsorship.

2) Thats what I did, working in the US for a period of time previously. Unfortunately, not everything is smooth. And employer's acceptance of FT is not so popular.

3) I hope I can with sufficient $$$.

4) I don't mind if their citizenship is easily obtainable.

wah... do u know ? Singaporeans cannot stay jobless.. sure died ! :think:

I know and I agree. Similiarly to PR who live here. PR come in as foreign talent does not have super natural power. If they dun have job and have no money to buy food to eat,they will also die.

yes..u are right..PR come here for money.. To work for money...What;s wrong to get reward if you contribute your skill force ?

Face it that...PR live here....Singapore live here. They both bear the high living cost.

if u think that way, u can consider give up Singapore citizenship. then get a job in singapore and apply PR...

Give up Singapore citizenship for Malaysia? Then get singapore PR. Why not, if I can enjoy the best of both world. I want also wat.

Do your Malaysia government wants me? :bsmilie:

I am not comparing the PR & Singaporeans' living condition here. They are the same. But I am looking at the end of the day; That really makes the difference. Get it? :bsmilie:

Give up Singapore citizenship for Malaysia? Then get singapore PR. Why not, if I can enjoy the best of both world. I want also wat.

Do your Malaysia government wants me? :bsmilie:

I am not comparing the PR & Singaporeans' living condition here. They are the same. But I am looking at the end of the day; That really makes the difference. Get it? :bsmilie:

yes..if u are muslim.

agree that PR make a difference here. That is to help Singapore to a better platform.

I am naive, I think this way => A R&D high tech co. want to open a center here. They need 50 PhD holders, 250 engineer grad. If there is not enough pool of local talents, thus PR come into make the numbers.

then there will make up SG to have another co. here, create job, consume locally, push up the economies. Win win situaton fore every party.

if local pool of talent is not enough, and PR could not come into fill the gap, this co eventually will not operate here. For sure, a lose situation for SG.

I dont think we can give up singapore citizenship where government need to return u yr CPF contribution and then get a job again and apply PR. I know singaporeans have to top back their CPF before they can reapply or work in singapore again.:bigeyes:

Haha u speak so much like our elites, are you one of them? Maybe you are a friend of Ms Wee, our glorious and smart elite who rightfully told and ungrateful old Singaporean to get our of my uncaring elite face.

Hmmmm the thing is other countries are not as enlightened as Singapore.
These stupid countries like Australia need us to stay there for at least 3 years before we can get PR or invest a large sum of money.

To work in overseas... many of us find it hard to work overseas as need to get working permit which is not easy as countries like example Malaysia restrict foreigners from working there. Seems they have a stupid idea of wanting to protect their own citizens.

So end of the day only our Singapore being NUMBER 1 protects foreigners and PRs and give them equal benefits as citizens. Last I heard most FTs have housing paid for by their employers and live like expats served by locals. They date our local women who find FTs so sexy and financially attractive. After they have worked and earned lots of money, they will bye bye Singapore and thank us for a smashing good time.

I dont think we can give up singapore citizenship where government need to return u yr CPF contribution and then get a job again and apply PR. I know singaporeans have to top back their CPF before they can reapply or work in singapore again.:bigeyes:

opss.s.u are right. May be come back as expat..??

I have contributed my opinion, and give my view. Enough said . Hope we do all learn something by exchanging ideas to broaden our view and not make heated arguement here.

btw..some interesting article to read

( http://www.zaobao.com/sp/sp070118_519.html )

To work in overseas... many of us find it hard to work overseas as need to get working permit which is not easy as countries like example Malaysia restrict foreigners from working there. Seems they have a stupid idea of wanting to protect their own citizens.

I fail to understand this.

When malaysia restrict foreigners from working there, they are having a stupid idea of wanting to protect their own citizens.

abuthen, Singapore open arm to welcome foreingers to work here, lots of singaporean are complaining.

So..which is the right and not stupid way..??

I fail to understand this.

When malaysia restrict foreigners from working there, they are having a stupid idea of wanting to protect their own citizens.

abuthen, Singapore open arm to welcome foreingers to work here, lots of singaporean are complaining.

So..which is the right and not stupid way..??

Read between the lines mate............. feel the sacarsm............

One Sg engineer pay is equilvalent to 5 China engineers. bo pian. tt's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.