Employ Singaporeans for what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SG small country so most goods must import from overseas. Your car, computer, phone, vegetables, fish, rice, etc, most from overseas. Low birth rate for certain races so must import some people from overseas to maintain the ratio.

waaaaa going by this rate , being a singaporean does not give any perks, maybe should migrate overseas n then come back as foreign talent.

good idea. give up citizenship. Migrate to an angmo country (US/UK/Canada preferred) and take up citizenship then come back as FT in managerial position and speak with fake accent. Sure treated as 1st class one.:bsmilie: esp the Brazilian restaurant at 6th Ave.

Just a caution: Choice of angmo country must be careful. Dun anyhow migrate to 2nd class angmo country where Singapore dun wan. Skali, kena play out.:nono:

Interesting you mentioned that. A foreign friend of mine ever said that Singapore is the only country in the world that does not protect it's own citizens in the area of business, employment, etc, ie, foreigners have a level playing field to compete with Sgeans in employment, business etc. Practically every country in the world does it the other way, ie, protect it's own citizens against foreigners. Even China, which wants foreign investments badly, will make sure their citizens are not short-changed in any business transaction between them and foreigners. But then again, who are we to compare with China. :cry:

Maybe our govt is putting us to the challenge... :bsmilie:
Give us exposure to the rest of the world how we can be treated as second class somewhere else... So why travel when you can experience it in your native country? :p

With the damage done so far to Singaporeans, it is no wonder why our birth rates are declining.

Seeing the response in this thread, I read up more on FT articles and realized:
Pertaining to the recent reduced subsidies: The cash amount impacted by education subsidies to PRs is a joke (simply too little). On the medical side, I pity those construction and rubbish removal WP holders though. They have no medical subsidies and benefits, and I don't think employers would cover them with insurance though. Most EP holders and PRs typically have their employers to cover them for healthcare benefits, so thats of no / little concern to them.

Here's a link to another forum talking about this.
http://www.reach.gov.sg/YourSay/tabid/82/forumid/105/threadid/1164/scope/posts/Default.aspx

Yeah. Having to serve reservist always makes employers think as such.

But think about it... compared to the 'FTs' that take longer leaves (to go home) I think our reservist is considered nothing...

wah, Singaporean at your place DO NOT have to take leave huh? :dunno:

I thought all employee have the equal number of leave days? how the spend it, is really up to each own preference (and of course, subject to approval of managers)? :dunno: :dunno:

Nice huh keep blaming other people :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

SG small country so most goods must import from overseas. Your car, computer, phone, vegetables, fish, rice, etc, most from overseas. Low birth rate for certain races so must import some people from overseas to maintain the ratio.

If we reclaim enough land we can we as big as Australia.

If we ban condoms and birth control pills we can be as populous as China.

Just think about the possibility. We can be world No.3 Super Power.

actually hor, we only got ourselves to blame. The jeng-hu knows that too many of us are spending too much time on hip-siong and dun wanna work. So, they have no choice but to hire FTs.
:bsmilie:

If we reclaim enough land we can we as big as Australia.

If we ban condoms and birth control pills we can be as populous as China.

Just think about the possibility. We can be world No.3 Super Power.

I like your idea man. Only problem is that our neighbours will complain that the little red dot become a big red blotch. :bsmilie:

If you are a Singaporean worker, answer these:
1. Can you go OT tonight?
2. Can you do Midnite shift?
3. This Sunday, can you do OT to complete an urgent order, say from 7am?
4. We are short of staff, can you help out in the cleaning of the staff/workers toilet?
5. Can you please help out next 2 months stay in our branch office in HCM?
7. ... etc...

Now, how to blame the Sg bosses? ... :think:
should blame the government to make our life so comfortable in Sg .... :bsmilie:

Isn't that too low??

Funny thing I've observe lately, more higher pay jobs (e.g management positions) are take up by foreigners..this really suxs!!
If my boss's a foreigner, that would be very, very scary. :bigeyes:

High time for "you know who" to look deep into this problem liao before a social structural breakdown happens in IndoIndiChinaFilipAngmopore. Then its showtime. Sad!

actually hor, we only got ourselves to blame. The jeng-hu knows that too many of us are spending too much time on hip-siong and dun wanna work. So, they have no choice but to hire FTs.
:bsmilie:

We have to support the economy of Japan by buying Canon and Nikon. :bsmilie:

If they are prosperous they will import more from Singapore and come as tourists.

Singapore is always the eventual winner. :thumbsup:

If you are a Singaporean worker, answer these:
1. Can you go OT tonight?
2. Can you do Midnite shift?
3. This Sunday, can you do OT to complete an urgent order, say from 7am?
4. We are short of staff, can you help out in the cleaning of the staff/workers toilet?
5. Can you please help out next 2 months stay in our branch office in HCM?
7. ... etc...

Now, how to blame the Sg bosses? ... :think:
should blame the government to make our life so comfortable in Sg .... :bsmilie:

you've got a point. the coin has 2 sides. Most of the time, the answers to the above Qs is a NO.
I think most of us have become too pampered by the jeng-hu that we have become complacent and lack life's survival instincts. We become so dependent on our 'parents' and when they wanna take away the leash, we start to cry.....
and most of the young theses days expect high salary when they graduate from poly and within 1 yr wanna be manager ie have pple report to them.

In my co,. during staff appraisal, this 22-yo gal complained that she is not a manager when she is a poly grad. Damn shallow.

8:1? How did your company manage to get those permits or passes? Even for EP, thought there's a quota too. :confused:
the ratio's worse in my company... but the thing is that many of them converted to PRs so don't need EP and no quota affected

High time for "you know who" to look deep into this problem liao before a social structural breakdown happens in IndoIndiChinaFilipAngmopore. Then its showtime. Sad!
already said officially... "you all dun wan to manufacture baby.. then have to import lor~!"

you've got a point. the coin has 2 sides. Most of the time, the answers to the above Qs is a NO.
I think most of us have become too pampered by the jeng-hu that we have become complacent and lack life's survival instincts. We become so dependent on our 'parents' and when they wanna take away the leash, we start to cry.....
and most of the young theses days expect high salary when they graduate from poly and within 1 yr wanna be manager ie have pple report to them.

In my co,. during staff appraisal, this 22-yo gal complained that she is not a manager when she is a poly grad. Damn shallow.

come to think about it, i dun even know y the govt wanna start the 5 days work week... its killing off u guys literally. my side still work on 6 days, and most foreign workers are happy to work on saturday as they have no where to go as well, and only singaporeans come interview hear 6 days work week all zao lang liao... and singaporeans who is in our company on saturday is like dun come better, all turn off mode, then never on time... come for few mins then go liao, like its a chore for them, and they come show face is give u face... u get the feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.