Electricity bills up 21%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question..How does oil prices affect the operating cost of power plants? I thought most of our power plants run on natural gas? :think:

Good question. Remember, they do not owe us an answer as they already named themselves as our authority. Trust and obey as they is no other way.

It's quite interesting to see that they project oil to be at $150-ish when the market thinks absolutely otherwise.

Would be interesting to find out on how they reached this conclusion.

When I last checked, crude oil for November delivery was $90+.

They just take back the rebate they say they are going to give.

Better don't give..and don't rise. They think we are stupid.
bro, u r stupid, because u cant do anything & i tell u, u can live without them:bsmilie:

Last edited:
They just take back the rebate they say they are going to give.

this goes to show how sincere they are when giving out rebates.

the rebates are to make you happy for a while... after that, back to square one.

in singapore, there's no such thing as a free breakfast/brunch/lunch/tea/dinner/supper/snacks :sticktong

any mega event will require lots of resources, electricity being 1 of them.

much has been said about the pros of such events,
. putting S'pore on the map (like we're still not on it...)

maybe not bright enough. remember... we are just a small red dot on the global map. to put singapore on the map and get noticed... must be very bright mah.

so... pay and pay lor... :angry:

maybe not bright enough. remember... we are just a small red dot on the global map. to put singapore on the map and get noticed... must be very bright mah.

so... pay and pay lor... :angry:

the *bling-bling* is costing too much liao. :rolleyes:

OBJECTION!!!

waaaaa !! 21% is a lot.....................but what can we do about it?? absolutely nothing.

silent is better than motion , quiet is better than sound....we have been living like that for 43 years.

Don't worry... they can't stop you using charcoal to cook!

They can't stop you for walking to school or work

They can't you for not using the aircon

They can't stop you....

It is your choice!

this goes to show how sincere they are when giving out rebates.

the rebates are to make you happy for a while... after that, back to square one.

in singapore, there's no such thing as a free breakfast/brunch/lunch/tea/dinner/supper/snacks :sticktong

They can't stop you for using the aircon

They can't stop you....

It is your choice!

They can't stop you for using the aircon

They can't stop you....

It is your choice!
I think I know my choice where I put my "X" on the slip of paper the next time.

../azul123

Last edited:
somehow, my pay is not going up at that kind of rate -_-

More like the pay is decreasing at that rate - 21%. The employers are pushing pay down as far as they can go. They know you need a job badly and so that's their tactic.;(

dump electric cars!!

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Next month I've to take 21% of electricity bill increase and increase public transport fare bitter pill.

I've been taking the 2% extra GST bitter pill a few years ago.

A few more bitter pills and I'll be dead.

Next month I've to take 21% of electricity bill increase and increase public transport fare bitter pill.

I've been taking the 2% extra GST bitter pill a few years ago.

A few more bitter pills and I'll be dead.

this hike probably caused one of our dearest opposition's death!:cry::cry:

Last edited:
Time to shower at public toilets,
Eat at Chinese temples, where free meals are given out,
Sleep at open space eg void decks or parks( so no need to on fan or aircon)
Spend more time at the library to enjoy the aircon,
Use candles at home to light up the room,
Watch television programmes at coffeeshops,
Surf internet at McDonald, using their electricity.

Any more ideas?...

the bottom line is.....let's go back to our life in the 70s or 80s where consumption of electricity is not so high.

candles produce too much heat, too little light, use an LED flashlight instead. :cool:

Is time to start a thread on how to build our solar panel system outside our HDB corridor. :)

Warped logic?

1) We're now paying the price for being the first country to have a Formula One night race.
After all, all those 1,500 or so special lamps to illuminate the race track must consume uber large amount of electricity.

2) The proliferation of ever more ERP gantries must mean more electricity consumption, as is the new underground KPE.

Somebody's got to foot the bill.
So this is Singapore Power's way to share the cost for the whole population. :thumbsd:

Oil is a finite resource. Price increase is a way to check wastage and unnecessary consumption. I'm sure a lot of us are guilty of wastages. Era of abundance is over guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.