Effect of close-up filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMoney

Mar 20, 2007
Ang Mo Kio
Guys,

does anyone have the exp of using close up filter to take some macro shots?

Read from somewhere that these filter can be used on normal lenses which give a nice macro effect.

Hope to hear from the view from you guys soon :D

Yep I do. i've only got a +4 filter. Not fun to use sometimes even though it might turn out well. This is because i've got to go real close just to take it. Not really feasible for flying insects. =) Will post some samples here soon

463619811_1ee33d750f.jpg

463912991_6f7ddb174d.jpg

463928398_0a76937c4f.jpg

463952899_9828e0cadc.jpg

Just post some samples of using the filter. You can actually go close if you use more filters. I believe you will have to go very close to the subject with that many filters on. Hope I helped you in a way or two, I am not a pro shooter anyway =D

Thanks man. Which means it will give good result for flowers?

There are many differnt brands of close-up filter in the market, is there any good recommendation? :)

I am considering for close up filter if I cannot afford a macro lens :)

Thanks for the tips

Tomorrow let you try then you know lor;) I have a Hoya +4 & my gf Raynox DCR-250. Will bring both. Close-up filter not easy to use, especially for new macro photographer. It also works better on prosumer than DSLR. If you just want to take flower shots with quite nice bokeh, you are welcome to borrow my sears 135mm f2.8 for a couple of days or a week. ;) Then save for a good macro lens.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=267215

Status
Not open for further replies.