Not open for further replies.

Hosea

Apr 20, 2004
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
Taken my photos in raw format.
Use "Nikon view- NV" 'to edit and save file to JPEG or Tiff

At this junction, I would like to recompose by croping my org. raw photo to
a standard print size (e.g 3R,4R, 8R or Super 8R)

The question is :-

How to use NV to crop photo to a standard print size ( e.g 4R, 8R, 8R super) for printing. Seem like no option for me to key the desirable size like the PS .

I understand PS has an option to resize to the desirable size or print size
by keying in the size. How about "NV"?

I wish to do it directly on "NV" coz it eliminates an additonal 1 step of saving edited file to Jpeg and open it on PS to resize it.

Pls help me. thx

You need Nikon Capture to Edit Raw files.
Adobe CS also has support for Nikon Raw.

You can use NC to batch convert RAW to TIFF then edit all the TIFF files in PS.

Royce said:
You need Nikon Capture to Edit Raw files.
Adobe CS also has support for Nikon Raw.

You can use NC to batch convert RAW to TIFF then edit all the TIFF files in PS.

Thx
Think Nikon Capture is not free.
Nikon View (free) can edit the raw file.
Can Nikon Capture edit photos to std print size or desirable size just like the PS?
The time to edit/save it to Tiff is rather long.Very time consuming.

Hosea said:
Thx
Think Nikon Capture is not free.
Nikon View (free) can edit the raw file.
Can Nikon Capture edit photos to std print size or desirable size just like the PS?
The time to edit/save it to Tiff is rather long.Very time consuming.

NC is not free
I'm not sure what you're asking about std print size. NC can resize images.
Yes it takes a while to convert to TIFF, thats why you run in batch... go do something else while it's running, then come back to it when it's done.

Why are you shooting in RAW in the first place? If you find the extra workflow a hassle, maybe you should shoot JPEG?

Royce said:
NC is not free
I'm not sure what you're asking about std print size. NC can resize images.
Yes it takes a while to convert to TIFF, thats why you run in batch... go do something else while it's running, then come back to it when it's done.

Why are you shooting in RAW in the first place? If you find the extra workflow a hassle, maybe you should shoot JPEG?

If you are not able to offer any advise, then better not say anything at all than to reflects your inability to grasp the problem at hand.

NV can do resize when saving raw to jpeg. Just right-click the raw file in Nikon Broswer (part of NV) and select "output to jpeg". But the size to choose from is fixed and of 4:3 (more for screen display) and not 3:2 (standard ratio for 3R, 4R etc. printing) format.

If u need it in 3R, 4R format, u will still need to use the Nikon Editor (part of NV as well) to perform the editing.

khinmarn said:
If you are not able to offer any advise, then better not say anything at all than to reflects your inability to grasp the problem at hand.
Sorry, but what does this have to do with you? And you yourself are not offering any advice, so why are you posting this?

I understand the problem perfectly... I answered his question accurately... what is your problem? :nono:

darkspade said:
NV can do resize when saving raw to jpeg. Just right-click the raw file in Nikon Broswer (part of NV) and select "output to jpeg". But the size to choose from is fixed and of 4:3 (more for screen display) and not 3:2 (standard ratio for 3R, 4R etc. printing) format.

If u need it in 3R, 4R format, u will still need to use the Nikon Editor (part of NV as well) to perform the editing.

Thanks, NV can crop .
With the crop 'box' on NV Edit. I can resize it to any sizes
Problem is that I can't input a specified size ( e.g 3R, 4R) on the NV edit.
Guess this is the limitation on the NV.
Think I will just use the PS to resize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.