E-6 Process

double posting

Last edited:
double posting

Last edited:
Chemical is here. Kgston, when ur free, we can meet up to look at your friend stuff as well as my chemical. In the meantime, I dump it into the freezer to freeze first ba :p. Photos will be uploaded soon.

Ok the package photos from my handphone camera:

2011-04-24_22_26_13.jpg

My house address is cover in black. I don't get why the package has so much and thick brown wrapper with tons of tapes?

2011-04-24_22_29_10.jpg

What the hell? A kettle?

2011-04-24_22_32_35.jpg

Taken out from the kettle box, tons of foams and plastic inside.

Last edited:
We can organize one at queenstown. My grandma used to stay there. There are some petty old building there especially the recently more famous queenstown cinema. I went back 2 months ago to take a photo of the flat my grandma used to stay in.

Sounds good to me. Hope, I'll have more time in may

Keep me update :)

Ps, outing will be on june. My friend has to study for exam during may. I will keep you all update when coming. Anyway, I drop by ruby and didn't saw the mentioned C-41 kit. I asked auntie and she told me they are bringing in tonight the tetenal C-41 3 bath kit. Powder for 500ml around 30+ (no gurantee as she isn't sure yet). I don't shoot negative but don't know where I can be helpful to announce it.

Yo bros, remember the outing I mention quite some time ago, I am scouting for more location. If there is no problem, 2nd and 3th July will be the day. Kgston, 120 format also welcome to tag along. Hopefully can have up to 7 people approximate attend.

2nd or 3rd looks good.. if nothing crops up.. hehe

I try to make it on 3rd, evening time. I have a flight plan to complete. Hope can get back in time. sms me address and time.

I try to make it on 3rd, evening time. I have a flight plan to complete. Hope can get back in time. sms me address and time.

Time to add nitro to your plane :D.

Hmm.. 500ml?! so little nia meh? I checked on B&H they only got 1L kit.. and its about 20USD.. which is around the same price as ruby is selling.. so it might be the 1L kit.. 35 bucks for 500ml is much too exp.. I rather go down to the lab to develop.. same price also.. Will go and check and find out...

I agree, way too expensive.
bought in a 1L kit at 19USD together with my other purchase.

have used it 4x beyond its recommended lifespan, but still going strong, image quality still good

After some consideration, the outing will be at Queenstown at the old estate around margaret drive. LF and 6*7 guys are recommand to bring their camera and interested people who are interested in going larger format are welcome as well.:D

Date: 3rd July 2011
Meetup time: 0700
Meetup location: Queenstown MRT
Area of coverage: From old estate near Queenstown MRT, the Old Queenstown bowling building (Need to check if it is still there), old estate around margaret drive
Breakfast: Went there recently and found the old food centre closed, so we might settle for Mac further down.

Interested party can send me a PM.

Last edited:
Hi, please give me a PM if you are attending Sunday outing. If you did not receive a reply with my HP number, please send me a PM again as well. This is so that you can contact us in the event that you cannot make it or you are coming later due to some issue and need to find us when we took off.

hi Wootsk,

Many thanks and sincerely appreciated the effort to organize this morning's LF outing.
It was really an eye opening to see how to operate and how slow it takes to shoot with a large format ... LOL...

The location is beautiful and we were greeted with strong and warm morning sun.

its nice meeting up with you , and I must again thank you for the generous information shared during the outing.

cheers,
Billy.

After some consideration, the outing will be at Queenstown at the old estate around margaret drive. LF and 6*7 guys are recommand to bring their camera and interested people who are interested in going larger format are welcome as well.:D

Date: 3rd July 2011
Meetup time: 0700
Meetup location: Queenstown MRT
Area of coverage: From old estate near Queenstown MRT, the Old Queenstown bowling building (Need to check if it is still there), old estate around margaret drive
Breakfast: Went there recently and found the old food centre closed, so we might settle for Mac further down.

Interested party can send me a PM.

Thanks Wootsk for organising this LF outing. It was a nice and refreshing experience. Have been procrastinating to shoot Queenstown for a long time. Some of my contributions to the outing. Today accidentally double exposed a frame. Will go back there again when I have the chance.

5897604348_1756064e3a_b.jpg

5897037517_4c1329b761_b.jpg

The double exposed frame. :embrass: A result of forgetting to advance the film counter, thinking I still have an unexposed sheet.
5897603776_2bd4277aaf_b.jpg

Thanks everyone! Really learnt alot today! Looking at the viewfinder under a dark cloth is just freaking amazing!

hi Wootsk,

Many thanks and sincerely appreciated the effort to organize this morning's LF outing.
It was really an eye opening to see how to operate and how slow it takes to shoot with a large format ... LOL...

The location is beautiful and we were greeted with strong and warm morning sun.

its nice meeting up with you , and I must again thank you for the generous information shared during the outing.

cheers,
Billy.

Nice knowing you as well. Actually, it can be faster, just except I am more of a perfectionist. There are times I waited without water for few hours just for wind to stop or revisit certain location for a better shot over and over again.

Anyway I am glad you gain something out of the outing. (We have some funny commotion on the day praying for the sun and cloud ;p)

Thanks Wootsk for organising this LF outing. It was a nice and refreshing experience. Have been procrastinating to shoot Queenstown for a long time. Some of my contributions to the outing. Today accidentally double exposed a frame. Will go back there again when I have the chance.

Thanks for sharing. Sadly, I don't have a film scanner and not intending to get 1 (I don't like to digitalize my photos), I used to do darkroom but nowadays, I am just viewing my photos through a slide projector, light table or just inverse my LF and make a mini 4*5 projector.

The double exposed frame. :embrass: A result of forgetting to advance the film counter, thinking I still have an unexposed sheet.

It's a bit wasted, I am also going back there to shot somedays as well. But you know my timing ;p

Thanks everyone! Really learnt alot today! Looking at the viewfinder under a dark cloth is just freaking amazing!

Nice knowing you're enjoying the experience. It won't be that nice when the weight kicks in though, but the reward after processing the film is all worth it from my POV. If you need any more help, feel free to ask. :)

Anyway, it isn't good to keep hijacking this thread. (I realised it after so long)

First Developer 6:00 to 7:00§ 38.0 ± 0.3 (100.4 ± 0.5)
Wash 2:00 38.0 ± 1.0 (100.4 ± 1.8)
Reversal Bath†† 2:00 38.0 ± 1.0 (100.4 ± 1.8)
Color Developer 4:00 38.0 ± 1.0 (100.4 ± 1.8)
Remaining steps can be done in room light.††
Pre-Bleach 2:00 35 to 40 (95 to 104)
Bleach 6:00 35 to 40 (95 to 104)
Fixer 4:00 35 to 40 (95 to 104)
Wash for 2 - 5 minutes

Processing step I forgot to pass to you.

I never did water wash at 38 degree before ;p

Oh ya, BTW Kgston, is my film and chemical taking space from you? If so, I try to drop by this weekend to collect them before my ICT next week. Have been a very busy week till today. Hopefully I can get more time after my ICT to organize some small outing. Hopefully there are good response.

BTW, I am still pending for news about David drum scanner. I am petty interested in seeing the raw result after the scan. Actually I am interested in seeing the sunflower scanned. :D