DVD Slideshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GitS

Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
anybody have experience creating a slidshow of pictures (jpeg or tiff etc) for DVD+R (i.e. to be played on home dvd players)? have tried nero but quality sucks...am i missing something? :confused:

yep, even high quality tiff files look slightly grainy...

my guess it's the TV. i connected my 300d to my tv, the output's terrible. anyone can confirm this? or have tried with plasma/LCD screens?

GitS said:
anybody have experience creating a slidshow of pictures (jpeg or tiff etc) for DVD+R (i.e. to be played on home dvd players)? have tried nero but quality sucks...am i missing something? :confused:

I highly recommend a Singapore product MemoriesOnTV. The easiest and best software around that creates picture shows on VCD, SVCD and DVD. The results on DVD version is outstanding :thumbsup: :bigeyes: :thumbsup: .. Picture transition is using Ken Burns Effect... very slick and beautiful. Can also insert custome music track..
Go get it... i did and never regret it

Buy from www.memoriesontv.com and support a Singaporean developed product ;)

tink not so much of tv problem....program most prob...shoot on high resolution and burn as mpeg formant instead??? will it help?

the images are all high res...no difference....think i'll check out what Triton recommended...anybody out there with video experience who can help with my problem?

I use Ulead DVD Picture Show II, no problem on DVD or VCD and can put in transition effect and music too. My TV is a Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma. Picture is as good as it can get. On normal TV it sometimes flicker.

GitS said:
the images are all high res...no difference....think i'll check out what Triton recommended...anybody out there with video experience who can help with my problem?

thanks dennis, i'll check it out.

Hmmm.... Singaporean product but selling in USD? Does any store in Singapore sells this?

Alpc said:
Hmmm.... Singaporean product but selling in USD? Does any store in Singapore sells this?

Adobe Photoshop Album also can make Mpeg outta photos. Somemore very compatible with PS.

Hoky said:
Adobe Photoshop Album also can make Mpeg outta photos. Somemore very compatible with PS.

But i think cannot add music rite? I am using DVD picture show too...but its so stupid...can only put 36 pics....and the synchronization of music sucks..!
you calculate nicely but the output doesnt!..

i am also looking for one...nero also..cannot add music...

tried unsing Pinnacle studio 8 but quality of the pic degrades...become unsharp and blur.....

MatthewSCL said:
But i think cannot add music rite? I am using DVD picture show too...but its so stupid...can only put 36 pics....and the synchronization of music sucks..!

tried unsing Pinnacle studio 8 but quality of the pic degrades...become unsharp and blur.....

Is it Ulead Picture Show that you mentioned? If I'm not wrong this s/w allows more than a thousand pictures if you're making a VCD, 99 pictures in 99 menu titles if you are making a DVD.

I have no qualms with the picture insertion, but like you do not like the background music part. Don't know if it's I not familiar with the s/w but I can only insert ONE mp3 into the slideshow and it repeats the same song throughout the whole slide show.

Try not to use video editing s/w for picture slideshow. When you do rendering of your show, the video compression will degrade jpg files and the final result will be unsharp pictures and they lack lustre.

nokin said:
Is it Ulead Picture Show that you mentioned? If I'm not wrong this s/w allows more than a thousand pictures if you're making a VCD, 99 pictures in 99 menu titles if you are making a DVD.

I have no qualms with the picture insertion, but like you do not like the background music part. Don't know if it's I not familiar with the s/w but I can only insert ONE mp3 into the slideshow and it repeats the same song throughout the whole slide show.

Try not to use video editing s/w for picture slideshow. When you do rendering of your show, the video compression will degrade jpg files and the final result will be unsharp pictures and they lack lustre.

Yap, thats the one!..but i should be having the limited edition or the lite version cos mine limits me to put only 36 pics for a slide show...the full version one allows unlimited....and also..its music syncro got problems..

You are using the very old DVD Picture Show. The new ones have no limit and check your transition. That is the ones that takes up space.

MatthewSCL said:

MatthewSCL said:
Yap, thats the one!..but i should be having the limited edition or the lite version cos mine limits me to put only 36 pics for a slide show...the full version one allows unlimited....and also..its music syncro got problems..

If you're wanting to create slideshows in VCD (mpeg1) format, then my opinion Memories On TV should be ok. It sells for S$19.90 at Challenger, this is the Lite version, allows different transitions, insertion of background music (miltiple songs). Not too sure about syncro though. For DVD creation you will need to buy the upgrade plug in from them.

The built in burner software do not support many brands of DVD burners. But if you have Nero, then it should not be a problem.

Looks like you have the demo version, this version limits to 36 pics and has a watermark on playback. Do you see the watermark on playback?

nokin said:
If you're wanting to create slideshows in VCD (mpeg1) format, then my opinion Memories On TV should be ok. It sells for S$19.90 at Challenger, this is the Lite version, allows different transitions, insertion of background music (miltiple songs). Not too sure about syncro though. For DVD creation you will need to buy the upgrade plug in from them.

The built in burner software do not support many brands of DVD burners. But if you have Nero, then it should not be a problem.

Looks like you have the demo version, this version limits to 36 pics and has a watermark on playback. Do you see the watermark on playback?

Wah ..i tried the memories on tv!...SUPER MAN!!!...GOT SYNCHRO OF MUSIC!...very very user friendly and good output quality...though coversion abit slow...but it meet my requirements....

gitz, you should try that too...Ü

MatthewSCL said:
Wah ..i tried the memories on tv!...SUPER MAN!!!...GOT SYNCHRO OF MUSIC!...very very user friendly and good output quality...though coversion abit slow...but it meet my requirements....

gitz, you should try that too...Ü

I did give it a try. But have 2 problems with it.

1. I want to slideshows on DVD, could not get the plug in for DVD.
2. The built in burner s/w could not support my DVD burner. Guess have to get Nero.

:think: Still thinking what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.