DSLR users - Do you still use filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still use NC/UV filters for protecting the lens and a CP filter for my 50mm

Astin said:
I would think CP filter is a must nowadays, unless some genius programmer can write a software that can produce the same or better effect than a CP filter.
I doubt people can write such program. So, Cir-Polarizer is a good gear for photography/dSLR.

Regards,
Arto.

CP and UV filters on all my lens.

Well, for me, I just need one cir-pol for one lens. But a B+W.

Artosoft said:
I doubt people can write such program. So, Cir-Polarizer is a good gear for photography/dSLR.

Regards,
Arto.

Hi anyone know how much is Cir-Polarizer for 52mm? I though of getting one for my 50mm lens.... ;)

uv filter, close up filter, nd filter, cpl filter, star filter, nd grads, orange grads, skylight grads, red filters and soft filter.

the question is, would you want go through the trouble setting up for that shot? or would you rather just shoot and solve it through PP later? depends on which one you are more proficient in. PP to me eats my time, and i use film too, which is why the range of filters.

I only use UV (for protection of front lens element) filter and C-PL

But for some lens like my 50mm where the front lens element is too far in (i think this is what they call built-in hood??), no need for UV filters

I use UV for protection.
I also use CP.
I have 3 closeups for those occasions I need to get close because I am too cheapo to buy macro lens (and I don't like macro photography anyway).
That's it.

I use CPL, can't leave home without it ;)

B+W UV for protection. The one thing stopping me from a CP is the 2 stops of light loss, and possible vignetting.

Circular polariser as mentioned by all here is a good thing to get.

And the ND is also a good item for the bright daylight landscape shots. To reduce the amount of light to get less DOF or to get a longer exposure.

rayphua said:
B+W UV for protection. The one thing stopping me from a CP is the 2 stops of light loss, and possible vignetting.

hmm... can a CP be used like a ND in this case?

lizzy said:
hmm... can a CP be used like a ND in this case?

Cp is like a ND 2 filter. It only reduces light by 1-2 stops.

ND can have a density of up to 8.

davsmiths said:
Cp is like a ND 2 filter. It only reduces light by 1-2 stops.

ND can have a density of up to 8.

how many stops do i need if i want to shoot waves on the beach or waterfall on a sunny day?

To shoot waves on the beach or waterfall on a bright
sunny day?
Try ND4 filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.