DSLR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i will write and feedback to Canon and Nikon to add in a new mode

Wedding Mode on top of the Sports, Potrait, Marco, Nite shoot etc...

this will definetely help those newbies want to buy a DSLR with Wedding Functions.

Reading through the most recent posts from the original poster, the one thought that came into mind was: "trolling".

But giving him the benefit of doubt: the equipment you're using should be commensurate with your level of ability. Since you're new to this, a D5000 is just fine for you to start with. Get your D3x only when you've fully mastered the D5000 and taken it as far as it can go, and then some.

Haha, ready enjoy reading this post, just 7hrs and this going for 9 pages and on and on...
Ready past my time, I think we should vote this joke of the day....
All Bros hope you all enjoy..haha laughing all the way....:bigeyes::bsmilie:

:)))))))))))))))))))

why is D60 a better current NIKON DSLR than D5000? Anyway Mr catchlights, i really like some of your wedding portfolio..will be contacting you when my Big day comes =D

Last edited:
very interesting 8 pages of debate. :)

i'll advice the TS to look at photography as an art and not a milestone competition.
your camera is your tool, is the matter how you use it.

if you think d5000 has its limitation and cant push to the limit. get the flagship and save all the excuses of unable to produce a better image.

I had just being given a Nikon DSLR D5000 as a gift. I would like to hear the review of this model? Is it good enough for a freelance photographer to take wedding shoots (ROM,Pre Wedding & Actual Day)?

Is it difficult to become a photographer for ROM, Pre Wedding and Actual Day Wedding for a totally noobie like me? I wanted to become one but i am not sure how to start to be one.

Take the camera and shoot a few thousand pictures with it; by than you'll be able to tell if it's good for wedding or whatever.

You'll also know if it's good enough for a freelance photographer.

You can read the review here:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond5000/

this will definetely help those newbies want to buy a DSLR with Wedding Functions.

Bah... Canon & Nikon losers... Sony already come up with something more advanced.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0908/09080600sonypartyshot.asp
Just put it at the center of the reception and everything is covered.... hopefully

WEDDING Mode?! Hahaha! Guys, I am and still a newbie, but that is funny!

why is D60 a better current NIKON DSLR than D5000? Anyway Mr catchlights, i really like some of your wedding portfolio..will be contacting you when my Big day comes =D

Hey! some good did come out of this thread!!:)

SuccessEnroute said:
I had just being given a Nikon DSLR D5000 as a gift. I would like to hear the review of this model? Is it good enough for a freelance photographer to take wedding shoots (ROM,Pre Wedding & Actual Day)?

Is it difficult to become a photographer for ROM, Pre Wedding and Actual Day Wedding for a totally noobie like me? I wanted to become one but i am not sure how to start to be one.

SuccessEnroute said:
realistic lo, there is indeed an f1 car and 1.3L van. All the while i am trying to say a Pro with a lousy camera and a Pro with a good camera, who will the highest chance of coming out with better quality photos?

Is it just me, or is there a lack of consistency with the threadstarter's posts?
So are we referring to:

a) A newbie like YOU (which you so vehemently deny)
b) A professional

??? care to explain?

I really think this thread is going nowhere.
The question in the first post has already been answered long long ago.

Q: Is it good enough for a freelance photographer to take wedding shoots (ROM,Pre Wedding & Actual Day)?
A: Yes

end of story.

the reason where there is Page 6 is becos of pple like the above posting irrelevant stuff. I already said alot of times Pro Vs Pro, dont know why you kept talking about Pro Vs Noobie????

Erm...because you are not a Pro?

In fact, you proclaim yourself to be a noob. (which is nothing wrong actually)

But anyway, go out and shoot more. :bsmilie: If you get the "best" camera, yet fail to utilize its full potential, its still no better than a P&S.

And to answer your first question, Yes.

P.S: A little humility, respect and an open mind will go a long way in this forum

Bah... Canon & Nikon losers... Sony already come up with something more advanced.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0908/09080600sonypartyshot.asp
Just put it at the center of the reception and everything is covered.... hopefully

Is on a PNS.. TS wanted on a DSLR.. so the race is still on

Wedding mode.. i wonder how they gonna do it man.. hmmmm :dunno: :D

The threadstarter has gone all quiet.... dang... was itching for some 'action'... I joined in this thread way too late! :)
It reached page 9 in no time at all, then now stalled already.

This thread is hilarious! had a nice time reading page by page :bsmilie:

My point is simple: the camera and the person behind camera is equally important.
Here is an example of a series of good photos taken using entry level dslr
http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90584

I owned a slightly better equipment then his, but the photo he took is slightly better then mine .... So, the person behind the camera is also important...

Last edited:
Nikon D5000 is good enough for wedding photography
1. catchlights
2. rekent

The better current Nikon DLSR body for wedding photography are, D60, D90, D300, D700, D3, D3X
1. catchlights
2. rekent

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.