DSLR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jokes aside.
To me, a wedding photographer is the ultimate achievement.

I am confident enough to take a breath taking landscape photos, macros, etc... If I fail today, I can always go back and re-take next week, next month, etc....

But... wedding???? I only got one chance and that's it. I have to know every single control on my cam, and how to change the settings in split second so that I wouldn't miss the shot.

I am still learning to take photos now, and hope one day can achieve pro levels. I would consider the actual day wedding photo shoot as one of those "final exam" before I brag myself as a pro. Sadly, maybe not in this life time.

To sum it all: Is it difficult to become a photographer for ROM, Pre Wedding and Actual Day Wedding.

Yes...

I beg to differ. To me the ultimate achievement is to have my pictures copied and printed on posters and hung on walls all over the world, have my methods analyzed at film/photo school, and have 300 nuts calculate the day where conditions will match the day when I took my pictures and sit there and wait on the same exact spot using moon and star maps to figure out my exact GPS location where I placed the camera.

And not to forget the poor dude that got hit by lightning trying to be like me, waiting like crazy on some lonely mountain for the "right light"...

That, to me, is the ultimate achievement..... RIP Mr Ansel Adams.

lolol. like he said, TO HIM, and like you said, TO YOU.
different people different aims/achievements in mind, in photography.
and I want to say that 7/10 comments that you make are really sarcastic.
that's pathetic tho. please dont do that, ffs.

and you better stfu like you said yourself, roflolmao. and you didn. O.O

Last edited:
Now back to the question.
I had just being given a Nikon DSLR D5000 as a gift. I would like to hear the review of this model? Is it good enough for a freelance photographer to take wedding shoots (ROM,Pre Wedding & Actual Day)?

Is it difficult to become a photographer for ROM, Pre Wedding and Actual Day Wedding for a totally noobie like me? I wanted to become one but i am not sure how to start to be one.
First, I stand in my own stand, so I dont support towards anybody here, including TS.
Yes, D5000 is good enough for a freelance photographer to take wedding shoots (ROM,Pre Wedding & Actual Day).

And yes, it is difficult to become a photographer for ROM, Pre Wedding and Actual Day Wedding for a totally noobie like you, no offence, you stated yourself.

Especially what the guys here said, like I know too, for wedding, it is one of the most difficult photography to learn. 'Those moments' are crucial and I do understand your thoughts that you tend to believe good photographer with better equipments will give better quality of pictures. However, I think most couples will want to see only the end result, which many of the guys here stated, rather than what the photographer's equipments are.

If I hire one, I only want my photos and my good wonderful photos! Right?
I am happy for you that you aim to wanted to become one but you are not sure how to start to be one.

However, I do know how to start to be one.
Start to shoot. Whenever there is chance to shoot in a wedding, please do so. :) Grab those chances be it wedding or other photography.
Once you build up your portfolio, all those marketing and whatever biz stuff will be of nothing, of cos you need abit of advertising yourself, but people will come to you natural, even that bit of advertising will do.

When you asked whether is it difficult, naturally it will come to in terms of skill and equipment. And I repeat, start shooting, then you will get better skills, understand the limits in your camera and naturally you will decide to get better equipments or not, and think back, 'is d5000 good enough?'.

That is all I want to say! My own thoughts so please pardon me, take it or leave it your, choice. Good luck! :)

woah... hey there... no need to be so offensive.
Just because you've used acronyms doesn't make it any less insulting. The meaning is still the same.
You have some personal agenda against other people on CS? Don't hide behind the computer and bad-mouth people like that.

no need to use vulgarities like this

the same point can be put across without having to be rude.

You mean whether is the set of image really taken from a PnS?

here is the Exif taken from the images in the thread night86mare mention about, shot by zaren

i think, to be fair, zaren would also agree that if using a dslr and shooting with the same level of seriousness, he *might* get better results, he probably would.

but that goes to say that both photographer and camera matter. placing too much emphasis on either displays a lack of understanding.. although why the threadstarter seems to emphasize one over the other, and sees anything going against his idea of emphasis as photographer > camera rather than photographer + camera both important.. that is beyond me.

It's all about how the photographer uses the camera, whichever camera the photographer deems best of the job - that's all there is to it.

Other than that, I would like to remind everyone that while you are entitled to your own opinion, they are merely just that, your own opinion - similarly, others are entitled not to agree with you; just like some of you may not agree with my opinion regarding photographers and his tools.

However, no one is entitled to be rude.

no need to use vulgarities like this

the same point can be put across without having to be rude.

woah... hey there... no need to be so offensive.
Just because you've used acronyms doesn't make it any less insulting. The meaning is still the same.
You have some personal agenda against other people on CS? Don't hide behind the computer and bad-mouth people like that.

Alright, I apologise for that.
No personal agenda but would like to say, same as TS, doesn't like the way that devil always phrase his opinions.
It is just so so..
But again, that's him. So not my prob.
Alright cheers.

i think, to be fair, zaren would also agree that if using a dslr and shooting with the same level of seriousness, he *might* get better results, he probably would.

but that goes to say that both photographer and camera matter. placing too much emphasis on either displays a lack of understanding.. although why the threadstarter seems to emphasize one over the other, and sees anything going against his idea of emphasis as photographer > camera rather than photographer + camera both important.. that is beyond me.
Yea. I felt so too.
However, he wouldn have titled his thread as "DSLR question" already. :think:

It's all about how the photographer uses the camera, whichever camera the photographer deems best of the job - that's all there is to it.

Other than that, I would like to remind everyone that while you are entitled to your own opinion, they are merely just that, your own opinion - similarly, others are entitled not to agree with you; just like some of you may not agree with my opinion regarding photographers and his tools.

However, no one is entitled to be rude.
Yup totally agree. Totally logical.
And yup, apologised.

Well, the polite sarcarsm was directed at the TS, not you or anyone else. This is in response to the TS's posts, as he was very offensive to everyone else. We tried to be nice to the TS. And a lot of people here got slammed for it in return. I tried to be helpful at first but after he reacted so badly to others, I gave up and changed my tone. If you didn't get that part, please go back to page 1 and read again. I am sorry I do not treat everyone equally. People who show no respect for others, do not deserve the same respect, treatment and tone of language from me.

As for the S**U acronym, I started using that. Even though I used it on myself, I apologize to everyone here for mentioning the term .

Last edited:
actually, for wedding, fast focusing is very important. If the lens and the camera focusing is 'slow', it is hard to capture 'wonderful' moment.

So camera n lens are very important. Skill is good but if the camera is slow in focusing, picture will be blur....

No personal agenda but would like to say, same as TS, doesn't like the way that devil always phrase his opinions.

Actually if you see the following quote, the TS actually liked the way I phrased my opinions, contrary to what you are saying.

See:

why cant u all just say whether d5000 good enuff or just other models better and comment on this rather on what pro skill or no skill. look at daredevil, he is giving good comments, i appreciate this type of comments, not those type of useless ones. There are just some senior member who like to go around forums and kwai lan with noobies.

Last edited:
Whoops. Hah.

But I think that's just one. The only one.
:x

kthxbai

This thread is crazy, 200+ replies, 4k+ views...
Considering that 99.9% of replies are essentially the same opinions, from post no.2 probably..:bsmilie:

Opps, and I just added another 1..

Woah. From friend to foe, now go over to dark side.. nice.
:) Is okay to me. Lmao

Erm....my fren, just look at your postings in this thread as well as in other sub forums. Sometimes you join the discussions too late, that's why your comments are always off the mark :bsmilie:

Erm....my fren, just look at your postings in this thread as well as in other sub forums. Sometimes you join the discussions too late, that's why your comments are always off the mark :bsmilie:

o, but i do look thru the whole thread yea, i dont jump into conclusion/assumption after reading the first page or so. :/
yea sometimes too late, but off the mark.. hmm :think:
ok lo. lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.