DSLR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I must be old and senile. I better STFU.

i already said dont put me in the examples i gave, how many times u want me to repeat?????? i already said Pro with F1 Cars and Pro with 1.3L Van!!!! Then take Lewis Hamilton with F1 Car and Schumacher Van with just 1.3L engine (no modification for him), u will still buy him win???? I cant believe i got to repeat this again and again!!!

In the first place i am only asking advice on which camera is good , i never discuss anything about skills or whatsover, and u all kept giving craps which is not answering my question!!! And you still kept finding trouble, will u just shut up if you got nothing to contribute and kept debating on this car thingy???? The answer is clear cut!!! Schumacher will never win with a 1.3L van if i put Lewis Hamilton or Alonso on a F1 Car!! Simply no chance, cant even smell the smoke of the F1 car!

Stop being a hypocrite in addition to obnoxious. It was YOU who came up with the car analogy. Why are you even coming up with "Pro vs Pro" statements when you yourself are far from Pro?

We gave you a lot of advice already. You have been told about 10 times already that your D5000 is good enough. Like a stubborn, petulant child, you refuse to listen (no people skills).

You actually have the gall to tell me to shut up about the car thingy, then in the very next sentence bring it up again yourself? Please stop being a hypocrite. Your newbness is just being emphasized, while any claims of people skills are flushed down the toilet / left behind on the racetrack already.

Jokes aside.
To me, a wedding photographer is the ultimate achievement.

I am confident enough to take a breath taking landscape photos, macros, etc... If I fail today, I can always go back and re-take next week, next month, etc....

...normally if you can fail at grabbing the light for landscape photography, you bet you'd fail grabbing the light for many many retakes..

some of the lighting in landscape, is one in a lifetime chance.. don't put landscape photography down. :angry:

it's all relative, this time concept. yes, wedding photography only got 5 seconds to grab a little girl tugging at her mother's skirt.. landscape photographers can get 2 minutes to select gnd, put gnd, stack it on top of nd.. gauge what exposure to use becuase of tricky lighting.. and then take 2 or 3 shots with long exposure before the light is gone...

last time i never use anything snap snap snap of course landscape photography feels very easy.. these days i make sure i get everything down straight first, because if not wait 2 minutes for the long exposure to be done.. then come out wrong exposure.. can cry.

Last edited:
now please go back to your 1st post.

and my 1st reply.

Put yourself in the shoes of a wedding couple, looking for a photographer to capture their once in a life time event,

who will you choose?

A or B?

the reason where there is Page 6 is becos of pple like the above posting irrelevant stuff. I already said alot of times Pro Vs Pro, dont know why you kept talking about Pro Vs Noobie????

ehhh??? :confused: Now become Lumix liao ar? :dunno:

Hi pal, below are what he said about that camera :)

I had tried some digital camaras, no matter how i take, the quality of the images sucks, so many pixelated dots or the image is not clear at all or blurry, so with this type of camara, will a pro will a very good skillset create quality photo images???

sorry hor...i got bring the camera to a pro to use and the same effect come out, how do u say about that? he said there is nothing he can do as the camera can only provide this type of effect.

A. a experienced photographer with entry level camera and lens
B. a newbie photographer with pro grade camera and lens

I know whr u coming from:),
BUT to choose we must assume they have comparable portfolio and similar charges.
If so, then the choice isnt so clear?

We then may have to look into attitudes, 'chemistry'..etc?:)

Jokes aside.
To me, a wedding photographer is the ultimate achievement.

I beg to differ. To me the ultimate achievement is to have my pictures copied and printed on posters and hung on walls all over the world, have my methods analyzed at film/photo school, and have 300 nuts calculate the day where conditions will match the day when I took my pictures and sit there and wait on the same exact spot using moon and star maps to figure out my exact GPS location where I placed the camera.

And not to forget the poor dude that got hit by lightning trying to be like me, waiting like crazy on some lonely mountain for the "right light"...

That, to me, is the ultimate achievement..... RIP Mr Ansel Adams.

Last edited:
Hi pal, below are what he said about that camera :)

I stand corrected. I did not know what the "the" in "the camera" referred to when he was talking about the "the camera". ;)

of cos, it is u who talking about useless stuff and i have to waste time to answer your useless question. My original question is to ask about dslr camera!! kept asking me what type of camera i used before i got the dslr

pass me your lumix, i take it out for a week when i am free, i pass it back to you

you can show your "pro" friend that a goat could take better pictures than him :angel:

i'll even throw in a self portrait!

pass me your lumix, i take it out for a week when i am free, i pass it back to you

you can show your "pro" friend that a goat could take better pictures than him :angel:

i'll even throw in a self portrait!

Shoot the duck bro. Shoot the Duck again.
OR was it a swan... I can't remember.

Sorry guys, I will really STFU now. I am becoming really lame in this thread. I apologize.

the reason where there is Page 6 is becos of pple like the above posting irrelevant stuff. I already said alot of times Pro Vs Pro, dont know why you kept talking about Pro Vs Noobie????
it takes many years to learn the skills, to refine the craft, there is no short cut,

no great photographer are drop from the sky, or born to be one.

yes, some are more talented, but still need time to discover it.

a tool is a tool, nothing but a tool, and it is only useful in a craftsman hands

of cos, it is u who talking about useless stuff and i have to waste time to answer your useless question. My original question is to ask about dslr camera!! kept asking me what type of camera i used before i got the dslr

o well... you do not have to answer all the questions if you think its a waste of time.. and now that most of us here already said that your D5000 IS GOOD ENOUGH.. you should spend your time on how to maximise the capabilities of your D5000 instead of making a big fuss over here :nono:

That's because TS mentioned that he and his friend could only get pixelated photos out from his old PnS.

I think maybe TS took those shots in low light or night time without a tripod for the long shutter time?

TS, you should be posing more problems and seeking advice than lamenting at how each gear is not up to spec and such. Like what many bros said here, know your camera and work around it to produce the best picture. QUALITY photos (in your word) is really not just about pixelation...

Wah!! People Skills!! Xiam!!

I didn't ask what camera you using before you get your DSLR leh. I just asking what is the camera that you used and gave you "many pixelated dots or the image is not clear at all or blurry".

Cause you so hard up on having good camera to take good pictures, so my question is pretty relevant what. We're discussing about equipments here right? I where got ask useless stuff?

I'm innocent!! ;(

...normally if you can fail at grabbing the light for landscape photography, you bet you'd fail grabbing the light for many many retakes..

some of the lighting in landscape, is one in a lifetime chance.. don't put landscape photography down. :angry:

Eh, sorry... Not putting it down. Just that if I fail today, i can always retry again, again and again... until few years later I got the breath taking landscape picture right. Mt. Fuji isn't going anywhere in a hurry.:bsmilie:
I don't mind repeating the same shot until it is perfect. That is why I am confident.

I beg to differ. To me the ultimate achievement is to have my pictures copied and printed on posters and hung on walls all over the world, have my methods analyzed at film/photo school, and have 300 nuts calculate the day where conditions will match the day when I took my pictures and sit there and wait on the same exact spot using moon and star maps to figure out my exact GPS location where I placed the camera.

And not to forget the poor dude that got hit by lightning trying to be like me, waiting like crazy on some lonely mountain for the "right light"...

That, to me, is the ultimate achievement..... RIP Mr Ansel Adams.

I am aiming to be pro. Not deity.:bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.