Dry cabinet question

one952

Jun 10, 2010
Hi CSer,

got a very lame question which i can't find online. However, just want to try my luck at getting an answer.
I got a spoilt wine chiller. already totally gone. anyone got any idea if i can use it as a spare dry cabinet?
Sitting there for quite sometime already. throw away quite wasted as it look very nice and slick.

any advice on is it possible to do a convert to store my lens and body?

:D

one952 said:
Hi CSer,

got a very lame question which i can't find online. However, just want to try my luck at getting an answer.
I got a spoilt wine chiller. already totally gone. anyone got any idea if i can use it as a spare dry cabinet?
Sitting there for quite sometime already. throw away quite wasted as it look very nice and slick.

any advice on is it possible to do a convert to store my lens and body?

:D

Wine chiller controls temperature. Dry cab controls humidity.

Granted lower temp will reduce humidity, but your equipment will be cold. And every time you take it out of the wine chiller into warmer humid air, condensation will happen.

Ya bro, but my case is a spoilt wine chiller,meaning there's no power. So not sure if the same theory apply.
Was thinking of putting my lens inside then put some silica gel inside. . Wonder if that works.

Ya bro, but my case is a spoilt wine chiller,meaning there's no power. So not sure if the same theory apply.
Was thinking of putting my lens inside then put some silica gel inside. . Wonder if that works.

That can work yes... or you can also use a dremel tool to cut a hole in there, buy a dehumidifying unit and install it on the chassis. Wah-lah!

DIY-FIX shop sells a tube like dehumidifier. Affixed that into your wine chiller, and buy a digital hygrometer from ebay. But not sure if the cost is worth it. if it is not proprely duhimidified, it will cause fungus faster than you know it...

2-cents