DRO Standard or Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I know which setting you guys use normally? Is there any situation in you will switch DRO?
Does the different mode of DRO has an effect on the response speed of the camera to be ready for the next shot?

:dunno:

If I want to shoot a dark scene with shadows I'll switch DRO off. Other than that, I usually use DRO+ at level 2 or 3.

Depends on situation, like Rashkae, I usually turn it off, but I can sometimes use up to level 5 if I am shooting something with a huge dynamic difference.

I set my DRO to auto + for normal shoots . But when using flash , i will turn it off . Sometimes when some parts get too dark under the bright day light , DRO+5 is best !:bsmilie:

DRO +3.

it really cuts down on the post-processing.

Yeap, interesting to note that you'd lose quite a fair bit of contrast when you get higher on the DRO advanced mode as the difference between bright/dark places are lessened with DRO... you can put the contrast back in Post Processing Stage...

DRO is like the shadow/highlight function in PS, but looks finer. So I'd usually shoot with a rather high DRO setting, then put the contrast back.

Does the different mode of DRO has an effect on the response speed of the camera to be ready for the next shot?

:dunno:

I once used dro+4 .. and the camera slows down considerably.. only can take max 4 shots continuous.. after that the camera processes and the red light lits, and have to wait for quite some time for the camera to finish processing before I can shoot again...

U have an a700? Y not try it out yourself if you have a700? switch to the different levels and hold down the shutter? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

hi guys, in my A100.. DRO doesnt work when I use RAW :( ... does it the same with A700 or other new Sony DSLR?

hi guys, in my A100.. DRO doesnt work when I use RAW :( ... does it the same with A700 or other new Sony DSLR?

It only visible when u open the file using sony IDC program

DRO is applied to the JPEG. The RAW can remember what setting you selected, then in IDC "re-apply" it.

RAW is RAW, so it won't have DRO or other JPEG-engine stuff applied to it.

thanks guys... I thought RAW can use DRO settings in new SONY DSLR :) i dont remember DRO setting in my sony software.. hmm.. ill try to look at that next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.