Drastic measures to protect photo from the press?

sjackal

Jul 9, 2008
Reading all these threads about our local media, I am wondering;

If the newspaper uses your image and credits you, will you be happy that your picture is being used? Permission sought or not, with or without payment.

Assuming if you take ways to protect your images and the newspaper just use another guy's handphone picture (probably mediocre in content and quality), will you be thinking 'hey I can do way better, they should use my pictures instead'

Any dilemma?

I had this sudden wild and extreme idea to protect your pictures which is using prominent watermark that says " Picture property of XYZ, picture is STOLEN if it's seen elsewhere than xyz.com "

That way, I doubt any press will use when the STOLEN word is there. If you have pictures of a major world turning event that no one else has...

Simple, put a watermark across the photo for web display. Never along the borders.

Simple, put a watermark across the photo for web display. Never along the borders.

Recently a fellow CSer's pic was used even though his big watermark was across the image. :bsmilie:

With PP the watermark can also be removed, unless it is so big that it covers most of the image.:bsmilie: