"Don't buy Sony, very bad. I rather dont sell you. Get canon"

Then got multitouch zoom, Facetime, and iPod features. No integration with Lightroom/PS, cannot drag and drop files, no CF/SD card, must use iTunes to sync your photos. If memory space used up, have to buy new camera to shoot again, or delete all your photos.

No worries about storage. The camera will have 3G/4G + 802.11n network and you can connect to MobileMe to store your pics...... Only question is that do we have to hold the cam in any special way to take pics.... :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

...Only question is that do we have to hold the cam in any special way to take pics.... :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

You cannot change the bty of this digicam on your own. Must bring to agent workshop. For early model of this digicam, must jailbreak in order to use certain features. And the bluetooth on this digicam cannot transfer files. Only good for listening to music on earphones.

No worries about storage. The camera will have 3G/4G + 802.11n network and you can connect to MobileMe to store your pics...... Only question is that do we have to hold the cam in any special way to take pics.... :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

No worries, it can take picture in any orientation. It will have an accelerometer, you must jab the camera in the direction you want to zoom. If want to zoom in, thrust it forward (speed of thrust will determine the amount of zoom). If want to zoom out, smash it into your face :bsmilie:

No worries about 51 pt vs 39 vs 11 vs 9 AF point, just touch the screen to focus. Play tap tap to shoot sports because you need to constantly refocus, very intuitive interface.

You also cannot change the battery. The camera comes with either a battery grip (non-detachable), or no battery grip. No parts can be replaced, except the lens (or else it will not be called DSLR)

Functions like aperture priority, shutter priority and manual mode will require jailbreak (not recommended since you will void the warranty). So do picture control, image quality (RAW or JPEG Large/Normal/Small) and framerate.

Last edited:
No worries, it can take picture in any orientation. It will have an accelerometer, you must jab the camera in the direction you want to zoom. If want to zoom in, thrust it forward (speed of thrust will determine the amount of zoom). If want to zoom out, smash it into your face :bsmilie:

No worries about 51 pt vs 39 vs 11 vs 9 AF point, just touch the screen to focus. Play tap tap to shoot sports because you need to constantly refocus, very intuitive interface.

You also cannot change the battery. The camera comes with either a battery grip (non-detachable), or no battery grip. No parts can be replaced, except the lens (or else it will not be called DSLR)

Functions like aperture priority, shutter priority and manual mode will require jailbreak. So do picture control, image quality (RAW or JPEG Large/Normal/Small) and framerate.

you forgot about retina display and the scroll wheel... maybe also aGPS with location services so you can track your target... :bsmilie:

If Apple buys Sony, the recently started Sony camera division may be considered as non-core activity and thus hived off. Sony itself has pulled the plug mercilessly on its own product lines e.g. the minidisc division. It was killed in a short time once decision was made, just like that.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2010/10/will-apple-buy-sony/65179/

wow, since when Apple is so rich?

you forgot about retina display and the scroll wheel... maybe also aGPS with location services so you can track your target... :bsmilie:

Yeah, and the most important thing...a camera should have only 1 button. Not the shutter, but to get to the settings/homescreen :)

I went J3:16 before and a new couple was getting a new DSLR and asking for recommendation. So one of the rep straight away recommended Canon 400D and demo lots of shooting style that Canon can offer. (Example: Twisting the lens before pressing the shutter to get the "zoomy" effect on pic.) The way he recommended is like no other brands can do that kind of shooting but to me it is just a skill that all.

This is what I observed.

brandbashing or not, i dun really care. once u shoot long enough, u will realise the brand doesnt bother.

under normal circumstances, any brand would fair as well. give me a pentax, a canon, a nikon, a sony alpha. for gawds sake, even the good old minolta film slr or olympus. i could still shoot.

perhaps for extreme conditions things may differ significantly, but then ask yourself, how often most normal hobbiest need to shoot F1 cars or even football?

its more a matter of ridiculous pride and self-justification for the money spent i guess.

i used to think canon was top. until i shot long enough with many brands to realise the difference is insignificant.

if i were to choose again? i'll take a brand that is cheaper or on par with most others and invest in that. long term run i'll save money while ensuring i have sufficient lvl of gear to shoot what i need

I salute you!.

It is true. I have both Sony and Canon camera. Both give me good result!

I went J3:16 before and a new couple was getting a new DSLR and asking for recommendation. So one of the rep straight away recommended Canon 400D and demo lots of shooting style that Canon can offer. (Example: Twisting the lens before pressing the shutter to get the "zoomy" effect on pic.) The way he recommended is like no other brands can do that kind of shooting but to me it is just a skill that all.

This is what I observed.

wow, 400D, must be damn long ago. :)

Oh man :embrass: It should be 500D .... Sorry for the typo. :embrass:

My old 400D is still working fine and i still like it. Learn a lot from it before i upgraded because of some features i found I need after couple of years.