Actually Sony is four different brands into one:

Samsung
Onkyo
Nobisco
Yakult

Each produces part of the components for the camera. :bsmilie:

making fun of a brand name is childish. :nono:

Did you guys just mentioned something bout brand bashing ? :dunno:

fanboys, they must get paid handsomely for bashing and mock another brand :bsmilie:

Last edited:
What Sony will have to do is to revolutionize the traditional ways of marketing and distributing photographic products.

They need to cut out the middlemen and sell directly to consumers. To do that they have to make their wholely owned outlets everywhere e.g. roadside stalls, pasar malam, mobile vans etc. etc.

It is a great product that should be communalized to the great proletariats and every comrade will have equal access to it. :)

What Sony will have to do is to revolutionize the traditional ways of marketing and distributing photographic products.

They need to cut out the middlemen and sell directly to consumers. To do that they have to make their wholely owned outlets everywhere e.g. roadside stalls, pasar malam, mobile vans etc. etc.

It is a great product that should be communalized to the great proletariats and every comrade will have equal access to it. :)
i read the first 2 lines and I thought "they already do that with the Sony Style shops wat..."
then I read on....

aiyah... boss caught me laughing at the screen.... :embrass:

This is how a camera marketing genius should do it: :)

roadside-stall.jpg

This is how a camera marketing genius should do it: :)

roadside-stall.jpg

Argh! You caught me hanging up my new lenscaps!!! And your wife, prepping the dry cabinet!!

brandbashing or not, i dun really care. once u shoot long enough, u will realise the brand doesnt bother.

under normal circumstances, any brand would fair as well. give me a pentax, a canon, a nikon, a sony alpha. for gawds sake, even the good old minolta film slr or olympus. i could still shoot.

perhaps for extreme conditions things may differ significantly, but then ask yourself, how often most normal hobbiest need to shoot F1 cars or even football?

its more a matter of ridiculous pride and self-justification for the money spent i guess.

i used to think canon was top. until i shot long enough with many brands to realise the difference is insignificant.

if i were to choose again? i'll take a brand that is cheaper or on par with most others and invest in that. long term run i'll save money while ensuring i have sufficient lvl of gear to shoot what i need

Last edited:
John 3:16 fails. Seriously why bother with those lousy / unhonest shops while there's a much better one around (SLRR)?

I dun really like John 3:16 cos they're really one of the kind.very proud see people no up.Not very friendly.Never buy any things from them.:(

I dun really like John 3:16 cos they're really one of the kind.very proud see people no up.Not very friendly.Never buy any things from them.:(

then where u like? :think:

I thought the general perception of John 3:16 was that they were "too friendly" and hence customers had to wait a long time to be served...

If Apple buys Sony, the recently started Sony camera division may be considered as non-core activity and thus hived off. Sony itself has pulled the plug mercilessly on its own product lines e.g. the minidisc division. It was killed in a short time once decision was made, just like that.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2010/10/will-apple-buy-sony/65179/

Last edited:
If Apple buys Sony, the recently started Sony camera division may be considered as non-core activity and thus hived off. Sony itself has pulled the plug mercilessly on its own product lines e.g. the minidisc division. It was killed in a short time once decision was made, just like that.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2010/10/will-apple-buy-sony/65179/

All companies mercilessly pull the plug on poorly selling products (which the camera division of Sony is NOT). As for your article link:

"Apple might be tempted to keep Sony's digital camera and TV screen business. It would have to suppose that the Apple brand would help sell the products at premium prices."

All companies mercilessly pull the plug on poorly selling products (which the camera division of Sony is NOT). As for your article link:

"Apple might be tempted to keep Sony's digital camera and TV screen business. It would have to suppose that the Apple brand would help sell the products at premium prices."

the way Apple is run by Mr Jobs (read an article whom the interviewee was his ex-old pal...),
there's no way Sony would survive an acquisition like that... and then we would have to live with iAlphas that look like large rectangular white blocks and lenses that look like... sleek metal pipes.

All cameras are the same leh.

They are all made in a factory in Southen China.

The only different is the body. :bsmilie:

If people are not brand conscious they will only make one camera for everybody and everyone.

And the brand will just be "Camera". :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Pentax all made in Vietnam nowadays. . .

the way Apple is run by Mr Jobs (read an article whom the interviewee was his ex-old pal...),
there's no way Sony would survive an acquisition like that... and then we would have to live with iAlphas that look like large rectangular white blocks and lenses that look like... sleek metal pipes.

Then got multitouch zoom, Facetime, and iPod features. No integration with Lightroom/PS, cannot drag and drop files, no CF/SD card, must use iTunes to sync your photos. If memory space used up, have to buy new camera to shoot again, or delete all your photos.