Do young people really think like that?

But you can't deny some issues like housing and ERP. These things don't make sense.

And if you look closer, COE is a way to stimulate buying new vehicles. Though i don't fully agree with making it so darn expensive

But you can't deny some issues like housing and ERP. These things don't make sense.

And if you look closer, COE is a way to stimulate buying new vehicles. Though i don't fully agree with making it so darn expensive

I agree housing prices are high, but as for COE, well, I think most people don't really need a car to get around these days. Public transport connectivity is getting better. Reliability is going down, but it's not to the extent that public transport is not viable. If you want to use a car as a status symbol, all the more it should be expensive to own one - otherwise it isn't a credible signal that you are rich.

I agree housing prices are high, but as for COE, well, I think most people don't really need a car to get around these days. Public transport connectivity is getting better. Reliability is going down, but it's not to the extent that public transport is not viable. If you want to use a car as a status symbol, all the more it should be expensive to own one - otherwise it isn't a credible signal that you are rich.

it's not about whether or not the breakdowns are regular or not. lesser reliability is enough to scare people off public transport