Do you trust students?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, if the students is really genuine. I wouldnt mind selling at a couple of hundreds cheaper.

For me, if the students is really genuine. I wouldnt mind selling at a couple of hundreds cheaper.
wow couple of hundreds, ok next time u post in BnS, all the student will flood ur PM. :bsmilie:

wah set. i chope first. then when i sell i add a couple of hundreds back to the price. :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

When I sell my stuff, its the same price to all. I'm not SMRT, no concession to students.

P.S. That doesn't mean I don't trust students.

lol your analogy is goot :thumbsup:

i only trust rich students....:bsmilie:
no $$$, no talk.

But what about those "enterprising" students who will resell the stuff you sell them for a couple of hundreds more? :think:

I got a UniSim student ID. Which makes me a genuine student.

Hmm...I think as a seller, of course I have to draw the lines. Im not sure about the others but for me, if Im selling to a sec sch/poly aged students who's keen in photography and I am looking to dispose of that item, I wouldnt mind selling it slightly cheaper. Note the word slightly of course depends on the item and the situation. :)

But what about those "enterprising" students who will resell the stuff you sell them for a couple of hundreds more? :think:

That of course I cant control but if I want to sell something, and if that price is comfortable for me, I'll do it. Whether the person has the ability to re-sell that thing at a higher price is up to his discretion. The thing is, I want to sell off that thing. If I am comfortable with the price, its fine. That of course is my humble opinion.:)

That of course I cant control but if I want to sell something, and if that price is comfortable for me, I'll do it. Whether the person has the ability to re-sell that thing at a higher price is up to his discretion. The thing is, I want to sell off that thing. If I am comfortable with the price, its fine. That of course is my humble opinion.:)

i see :)

:think:, so far, I only dealt with 1 female student and it was only for less than 10 mins :bsmilie:

oooh that was a quick deal :devil:

ok sexual innuendos aside, did she ask for a discount based on her status as a student? (and did she try to teh you?haha!)

wa, 10 mins only, TS could have had a longer deal if he wanted....:devil:

Many a time, I'll encounter students asking for special prices when I'm selling my stuff but I have my doubts.

1) Parent ask children to buy for them at cheap price
2) Freaking rich parents
3) Students buying low then re-sell at higher price

Just want to have a show of hands if people in here really trust students or children asking for lower prices. I'm not saying everybody's like that but there're chances :)

Sooo.... what is the percentage of cheats and con-artists out there in Singapore that are adults? as opposed to students?

Sooo.... what is the percentage of cheats and con-artists out there in Singapore that are adults? as opposed to students?

how about those secondary sch/poly students who sell paper clips/paper stars for their beloved sunshine empire ?
perhaps you can say is the adults that brainwashed them but in the end the action is still done by the students...

Last edited:
Once had a interested party for my camera & after much inquiries from him, he told me that he is a student. I agreed to lower the price then close to the day when we suppose to meet up, I accidentally broke my batt grip catch, so I offered to further lower my price but he has to send in CSC himself for the replacement. He 'disappeared' all of a sudden w/o telling me if he still wants it after telling me that he rather prefer me to get it replaced. What happened to 'student/s' nowadays? Dun even have the courtesy to inform if they are still interested anot.

For those who has dealed with me knows that I had sold numerous things in good conditions. Next time if someone who tell me that he/she a student, I dun think I will be willing to lower. Prefer to sell to those non-nosense genuine buyers & not much question. I personally dun mind if the buyer come over & reject after seeing the item is not up to their expectations than to ask so many questions & the last one would be "Can u lower your price further?" <-- crap :nono: I will choose not to reply to these people.

Last edited:
Many a time, I'll encounter students asking for special prices when I'm selling my stuff but I have my doubts.

1) Parent ask children to buy for them at cheap price
2) Freaking rich parents
3) Students buying low then re-sell at higher price

Just want to have a show of hands if people in here really trust students or children asking for lower prices. I'm not saying everybody's like that but there're chances :)

Of course I trust students. I trust all people the same way, until they show that they are not worthy of trust. When I sell my stuff, I will also be fair to everyone, regardless of whether they are the CEO of a corporation, students or NSFs. The only people I give special prices (at my loss) are friends and family. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.