Do you bring along your lens cleaning kit?

Do you bring along your lens cleaning kit overseas?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally i would bring a lenspen, Zeiss Lens wet wipe and facial blotters.
Facial blotters are good for cleaning oily stains and fingerprints on lens.

Blower & my wearing T-shirt too :bsmilie:

blower, microfibre cloth and lens paper.

Cloth and small tubes of alcohol...

yes i always bring the lens clearing kit this is like as whether you would wash your eyes while taking a bath it is good to have it.

The best is to bring you never know what will happen to your lens so just bring it out guys

blower, lens paper and lens cleaning solution....

A good blower and a chamois cloth is the min

I've learnt through experience that I should also bring along some sort of sensor cleaning device, like the LensPen SensorKlear.

In temperate countries, when the air is dry, things tend to get statically charged rather easily, and that includes cameras, making them a real dust magnet. It's frustrating when every shot you take, you can spot elephants on the ground, or UFOs in the sky of all your images.

May not be that crucial if you only brought one lens, though...

i went on a 7.5 week trip just recently and only brought a blower and lens cloth. i used the blower twice because - not because i needed to, but just because i brought it and hadn't used it.

yes I do bring that along. It depend on where I go, if I'm going light I will just bring the pump and a cloths, if going oversea I will bring everything along.

Lenspen is the best, all the way. I'll take that anyday over the old fashion lens tissues and fluids or blowers...

You can buy them at $2.90 USD each on Hvstar.net, so I recommend you grab like 10x + 6 USD for shipping. It's a real bargian.

I leave the blower behind but never go anywhere without my Lenspen.

For me the cleaning kit that consist of a blower, lens pen and Zeiss lens cloth is a must.

i have this kinetronics - outdoor photographers optical cleaning kit from cathay photo
(forget the price) which consist of :
1. anti-static brush
2. speck grabber
3. cleaning solution
4. anti-static cloth
5. foam cleaning swabs
all this in small box and this kit is always inside my camera bag and i also have
giottos blower with me too.
cheers!

Last edited:
Do any of you use the cleaning liquid to wet the lens tissue before wiping?

Is there another thread on how best to clean your lens off dust and fingerprints?

Status
Not open for further replies.