Digital photography Vs film photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

summerzz

Jul 26, 2004
Is there really a significance difference between digital photography and the "traditional" kind of photography? So if i am not wrong, digital photography is named as so coz it uses digital camera?? Ha hope i don't sound silly..

Will the effect of using digital cam be better than a film kind of camera? Of course i know skills do matter in this case..

Just a total newbie wanna know more.. ;)

UH-OH!

Here it comes! :)

summerzz said:
Is there really a significance difference between digital photography and the "traditional" kind of photography? So if i am not wrong, digital photography is named as so coz it uses digital camera?? Ha hope i don't sound silly..

Will the effect of using digital cam be better than a film kind of camera? Of course i know skills do matter in this case..

Just a total newbie wanna know more.. ;)

maybe u wan to do a seach here? and u will be amazed with the results u can find here...

Please do a search first before asking this type of question.....that's what the internet is for.......

I echo dkw!

hehe, its a million dollar question with a million answers...
but I suspect as the years go by, more and more will be skewed to Digital... naturally.

Here we go again.

I'm disappointed with such a reply...this makes me sound stupid..i know the Internet has tonnes of info since it's my tool of survival..anyway thanks for those who PM me your reply.

dkw said:
Please do a search first before asking this type of question.....that's what the internet is for.......

summerzz, dun be dissappointed with the reply. they reply like tat for a reason and a good reason. If you use a search feature you will soon find out why. meanwhile, welcome to CS.

summerzz said:
I'm disappointed with such a reply...this makes me sound stupid..i know the Internet has tonnes of info since it's my tool of survival..anyway thanks for those who PM me your reply.

Sigh..... :( , told myself I will not come back to read this thread and justify my reply....but here goes.....

summerzz, if you read through some of my posts you will see that I am more than willing to write long posts to help explain some things to people who have queries. If I can help, I will help. However, your question "Is there a significant difference between digital and traditional photography?" really grates. You haven't even thought about it and were just taking a lazy way out. It upsets me because there is no way I can intelligently answer that question in a reasonably short post, and I DO want to help newbies. Its like going to chemistry class and asking what the difference between air and water, how to answer that kind of question?? :dunno: Please do a little homework first.

summerzz said:

Dear Summezz, I do apologise if we had disappointed you. Nobody wants to make you look foolish. Absolutely not! It is just that such a generic question has a tendency to evolve into an analogue versus digital war of amazing proportions! And those who have been through, and got bruised in such wars are reluctant to be drawn into it yet again!

But if you have a very specific question on digital/analogue, I am sure many will try to help.

student said:
Dear Summezz, I do apologise if we had disappointed you. Nobody wants to make you look foolish. Absolutely not! It is just that such a generic question has a tendency to evolve into an analogue versus digital war of amazing proportions! And those who have been through, and got bruised in such wars are reluctant to be drawn into it yet again!

But if you have a very specific question on digital/analogue, I am sure many will try to help.

And my post is no doubt a post often seen in such threads... there is no such thing as ANALOGUE photography lah! It's Film or Digital.

You Engineer is it? :lol:

summerzz said:

hey... no question is stupid... questions make u learn and become cleverer! :D however, as ur qns was so frequently discussed, many bros here are actually quite tired of answering the same old thing over and over and over again... so, they end up being frank... and some of us dun like it too much... but this is a forum... so we learn to gv and take. ;) sometimes, when there are certain things u dun like it see... jus close one eyes. who knows, one day when u are here long enuff, u will gv the same reply... :sweat: whatever it is... really hope that all of us will enjoy our stay here!

Status
Not open for further replies.