Digital photography Vs film photography


Status
Not open for further replies.

summerzz

New Member
Jul 26, 2004
8
0
0
35
#1
Is there really a significance difference between digital photography and the "traditional" kind of photography? So if i am not wrong, digital photography is named as so coz it uses digital camera?? Ha hope i don't sound silly..

Will the effect of using digital cam be better than a film kind of camera? Of course i know skills do matter in this case..

Just a total newbie wanna know more.. ;)
 

student

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2004
3,078
0
0
#2
UH-OH!

Here it comes! :)
 

bsplenden

New Member
Mar 25, 2004
309
0
0
31
holland ave
#3
summerzz said:
Is there really a significance difference between digital photography and the "traditional" kind of photography? So if i am not wrong, digital photography is named as so coz it uses digital camera?? Ha hope i don't sound silly..

Will the effect of using digital cam be better than a film kind of camera? Of course i know skills do matter in this case..

Just a total newbie wanna know more.. ;)
maybe u wan to do a seach here? and u will be amazed with the results u can find here...
 

dkw

New Member
Dec 10, 2003
1,051
0
0
CCK
Visit site
#4
Please do a search first before asking this type of question.....that's what the internet is for.......
 

LCT

Member
Sep 2, 2003
204
0
16
52
#5
I echo dkw!
 

benleez

New Member
Apr 13, 2004
534
0
0
Reservoir Dude
#6
hehe, its a million dollar question with a million answers...
but I suspect as the years go by, more and more will be skewed to Digital... naturally.
 

summerzz

New Member
Jul 26, 2004
8
0
0
35
#9
I'm disappointed with such a reply...this makes me sound stupid..i know the Internet has tonnes of info since it's my tool of survival..anyway thanks for those who PM me your reply.

dkw said:
Please do a search first before asking this type of question.....that's what the internet is for.......
 

whoelse

Senior Member
Oct 17, 2003
1,228
0
36
#10
summerzz, dun be dissappointed with the reply. they reply like tat for a reason and a good reason. If you use a search feature you will soon find out why. meanwhile, welcome to CS.
 

dkw

New Member
Dec 10, 2003
1,051
0
0
CCK
Visit site
#11
summerzz said:
I'm disappointed with such a reply...this makes me sound stupid..i know the Internet has tonnes of info since it's my tool of survival..anyway thanks for those who PM me your reply.
Sigh..... :( , told myself I will not come back to read this thread and justify my reply....but here goes.....

summerzz, if you read through some of my posts you will see that I am more than willing to write long posts to help explain some things to people who have queries. If I can help, I will help. However, your question "Is there a significant difference between digital and traditional photography?" really grates. You haven't even thought about it and were just taking a lazy way out. It upsets me because there is no way I can intelligently answer that question in a reasonably short post, and I DO want to help newbies. Its like going to chemistry class and asking what the difference between air and water, how to answer that kind of question?? :dunno: Please do a little homework first.
 

student

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2004
3,078
0
0
#12
summerzz said:
I'm disappointed with such a reply...this makes me sound stupid..i know the Internet has tonnes of info since it's my tool of survival..anyway thanks for those who PM me your reply.
Dear Summezz, I do apologise if we had disappointed you. Nobody wants to make you look foolish. Absolutely not! It is just that such a generic question has a tendency to evolve into an analogue versus digital war of amazing proportions! And those who have been through, and got bruised in such wars are reluctant to be drawn into it yet again!

But if you have a very specific question on digital/analogue, I am sure many will try to help.
 

Silverelf

New Member
Dec 19, 2002
258
0
0
39
Near Equator
Visit site
#13
student said:
Dear Summezz, I do apologise if we had disappointed you. Nobody wants to make you look foolish. Absolutely not! It is just that such a generic question has a tendency to evolve into an analogue versus digital war of amazing proportions! And those who have been through, and got bruised in such wars are reluctant to be drawn into it yet again!

But if you have a very specific question on digital/analogue, I am sure many will try to help.
And my post is no doubt a post often seen in such threads... there is no such thing as ANALOGUE photography lah! It's Film or Digital.

You Engineer is it? :lol:
 

bsplenden

New Member
Mar 25, 2004
309
0
0
31
holland ave
#14
summerzz said:
I'm disappointed with such a reply...this makes me sound stupid..i know the Internet has tonnes of info since it's my tool of survival..anyway thanks for those who PM me your reply.
hey... no question is stupid... questions make u learn and become cleverer! :D however, as ur qns was so frequently discussed, many bros here are actually quite tired of answering the same old thing over and over and over again... so, they end up being frank... and some of us dun like it too much... but this is a forum... so we learn to gv and take. ;) sometimes, when there are certain things u dun like it see... jus close one eyes. who knows, one day when u are here long enuff, u will gv the same reply... :sweat: whatever it is... really hope that all of us will enjoy our stay here!
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom