Detailed comparison - Fuji S602 vs Nikon 5700

Status
Not open for further replies.
not bulky also... actually s45 is one of my consideration cos it's slim and nice... have a under water casing also... but i dun dive often... so maybe a cam which can attach lens.. so that in future if i wanna attach them, i would be able to do so. :)

Originally posted by dinomax

anything... day to nite... etc...

i want a multi purpose cam.. not very restrictive in what i can do...

But you must always realise that there will always be restriction.

Each camera has it's pros and cons and the way it feels in your hand is very different, especially the bodies of the G3 and S602.

Having handled both before, i would think that the S602 is still much preferable. However, like i have advised someone before, go down to a camera shop, play with both cameras hands on and you will have a much clearer picture of what you want.

:)

not bulky also... actually s45 is one of my consideration cos it's slim and nice... have a under water casing also... but i dun dive often... so maybe a cam which can attach lens.. so that in future if i wanna attach them, i would be able to do so. :)

I noticed that you have alot of different needs for yor camera but it's always best to think carefully and decide upon the main factor that will get you to buy the camera when choosing between this 2 cameras.

Size?
Cost?
Weight?
Zoom factor?
Megapixel count?
Type of batteries used?
Able to mount lenses/filters?

The list does go on but once you have a clearer idea of what you want in a camera or what are the "most important" features, post here again and mayb we can help you better. :)

Originally posted by Wolfgang

But you must always realise that there will always be restriction.

Each camera has it's pros and cons and the way it feels in your hand is very different, especially the bodies of the G3 and S602.

Having handled both before, i would think that the S602 is still much preferable. However, like i have advised someone before, go down to a camera shop, play with both cameras hands on and you will have a much clearer picture of what you want.

:)

play as in holding them ah?

play as in holding them ah?

Play being, holding, touching, trying out the AF, getting a feel for the camera body and the way it's button's are placed. How comfortable are you with the functions and the camera's abilities etc etc...

anything... day to nite... etc...

i want a multi purpose cam.. not very restrictive in what i can do...

If this is really what you want, the the choice is clearly the 602. It allows greater freedom in composition and shooting and can take capture images in situations when the G3 simply can't.

Originally posted by Zerstorer

If this is really what you want, the the choice is clearly the 602. It allows greater freedom in composition and shooting and can take capture images in situations when the G3 simply can't.

i'm sorry. very newbie... so i dun quite understand in what they can do. whats composition?

situations? i thought both are abt the same?

i'm sorry. very newbie... so i dun quite understand in what they can do. whats composition?

Composition is how you frame the shot, 6X zoom allows for much greater possibilities in terms of perspective.

situations? i thought both are abt the same?
The G3 will not be able to handle the demands of sports/action photography where fast AF, low shutter lag is required. Also the 602 can shoot 5frames per second and has the very useful Final 5 frame capability.

Basically, if you need to shoot action pics, only the 602 or D7hi will do. But if what you shoot are static shots the G3 would also do fine.

I'd suggest you read the full reviews of each camera at imaging-resource, steve's digicams, dpreview and check the detailed functions of each camera.

Originally posted by Zerstorer

Composition is how you frame the shot, 6X zoom allows for much greater possibilities in terms of perspective.

The G3 will not be able to handle the demands of sports/action photography where fast AF, low shutter lag is required. Also the 602 can shoot 5frames per second and has the very useful Final 5 frame capability.

Basically, if you need to shoot action pics, only the 602 or D7hi will do. But if what you shoot are static shots the G3 would also do fine.

I'd suggest you read the full reviews of each camera at imaging-resource, steve's digicams, dpreview and check the detailed functions of each camera.

okie.. thanks! will be back again once i read them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.